Prologic with Superflo VS?

NYAVGUY

Jul 14, 2014
New York
Just came across this thread. I have a 20k IG and would like to upgrade to basic automation, SWG, and VS pump. I am leaning toward the ProLogic PS4 w/ T-25 SWG and Pentair SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump. I also plan to add solar at the same time. I would like the pump automation integration, but believe an Echostar would be overkill for my application. It looks like I can use one of the relays to trigger a speed on the Pentair like a 2-speed pump. The Hayward superflow VS doesn't even have those inputs for basic remote control.

Re: Hayward Pro Logic PS-4 vs. Aqua Rite - new pool install

The Pentair Superflo VS will not interface with the Hayward ProLogic very well ... ideally you need to stick with the same brands. I am not clear if you can trigger multiple speed on that pump or not with a basic relay ... you might know more than me :D

According to the manual, with a 0-30v signal you can trigger 4 different speeds. When the signal is removed it goes back to it's normal schedule. Based on that I am trying to figure out how I can program the pro logic to use one relay for solar heating and another for superchlirinate. I may need to call Hayward. There is one version of their Max flo VS that has similar functionality.

I saw an old thread of someone planning on using a Rasberi Pi to figure out the Exhostar protocol and convert it to relays for use with the cheaper VS pumps.

Why Hayward and Pentair haven't upgraded their automation to control the new pumps is understandable. I guess they don't think people with smaller pools will pay for automation. Maybe Next will come up with their own pool controller. Their Founder mentioned in an interview how much his pool controller frustrated him.

Hayward makes Four variable speed pumps that will interface with the PS4. EcoStar with a 2HP impeller, the TriStar VS with a 1HP impeller (two models, one for hooking to a controller and one for stand alone). There is also a MaxFlo and Super pump VS available.

With the price of the pro logic plus aquaconnect, the new omnilogic may be the way to go since I can easily get ethernet to that area. May use Tristar VS without display. Will Call Hayward and confirm this will work.

It appears the Pro Logic will only turn the Super Pump VS on/off like a standard timer. The manual for the new Max-Flow 2302VSPND states that it will integrate with the Pro Logic and other automation systems with the proper software. I can't find corresponding confirmation of this in the Pro Logic manual though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.