Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa air switch

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa air switch

I have a blower for a spa that is not turning on. The previous owners had an air switch connected to the blower that they had cut out. Is it possible the reason the blower wont turn on is because the air switch was off before it was cut out? If so is how can i either bypass the air switch, or turn it permanently so that the blower will only be controlled by the EasyTouch? Thanks for the help

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Spa air switch

You will need to find the blowers electrical source and check to see if there is voltage there. If they just removed the button, then yes your idea could be correct. An air switch is just as it's name implies, an electrical switch activated by a puff of air. Between the button and the actual electrical switch is a small tube to carry the air. Find that tube and follow it to the switch.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Spa air switch

It's relatively easy to bypass the air switch. You have to find the switch (most likely under the blower cover) and either jumper between the wires on the terminals or remove them and tie them together.

Keep in mind that the switch isn't the pushbutton. The pushbutton is just the actuator of the switch.

Since it's now being controlled by an automation system, they should have removed the wires from the air switch and extended them to the automation system relay. In that case I doubt that the air switch has anything to do with the blower not running.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit