Ansylbrite Quartz finish and colors

May 12, 2015
philadelphia/pa
We are looking to re-plaster our pool and they are recommending Ansylbrite Quartz available in five color choices. I am having a difficult time finding info on this and pictures of what the water looks like with the colors. Any input, pictures, opinions on durability, experience with this product would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Beth

Welcome.

I can't specifically help you. Maybe try running it through the search n see if anything comes up.

The options for the renovation from Anthony Sylvan are regular plaster or the Ansylbrite Quartz finish. Quite a difference in price between the two. Has anyone had any experiences with Anthony Sylvan for pool renovation?
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Ansylbrite Quartz aggregate finish is comparable to Sunstone Select Quartz finish...if anyone has input on this. Thank you!

Looks like either a private label product ANthonySYLvanBRITE or just an internal name they give it so you can't make a direct comparison with others. The latter wouldn't surprise me as this is a common business tactic for high volume companies...mattress sellers are famous for this type of labeling.
Further, I don't think it is comparable, I'm pretty sure it IS Sunstone Select. Found a brief blog entry from 2009 saying they "bought" Ansylbrite and the bags said Sunstone Select.

It's a Quartz product that is likely as good as the installer. What is the upgrade charge from plain plaster?

Ok, that's good your researching and I can help.

I saw the other post where you said this is a private label CLI sunstone select product? Seems to make sense. If so, it's an excellent product, and I happen to have it in my pool. We blended Granite and Sapphire for our Color.

It is well worth every penny to choose this over plain plaster. Dark Blues cost much more, and not worth it to me. And I prefer lighter colors anyway. 2k to upgrade to Quartz is a bit high, but not terrible. This is one area of the build you should not skimp on. It's very important, and afterall, you'll be looking at it a long time. Most importantly you want it to last. Quartz is better than plaster in that regard. Below is mine...

Doners11_zps9de5bc4b.jpg

Reactions: Jolifer
Beth, i saw your post and we had the exact same questions. The answer i was given by most is 'it depends on the sun' and most agreed the color changes with that. We are now in our second year of having the pool and they were right. The color varies 'ALOT' with the sun. But the quartz finish Ansylbrite is great stuff. This stuff is basically crushed quartz set in plaster so it never needs painting. When installed you will be brushing your pool alot for the first few weeks to help the finish set properly. I am attaching a few pictures. This is the color "Cobalt" which the day picture is a pretty good representative of what it looks like in the sun with the water flat (which i did for the picture). The second is what it lights like. Darker colors wont light up well, so we choose the cobalt. The third shows you a close of up the water. I hope this helps.
DSC_1018.jpgnight.jpgScreen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.22.55 PM.jpg

Tim Petrosky,

Thank you so much for posting these pics. We are renovating our pool in a few weeks and can't find any info on the Ansylbrite and the salesman only can show us a 3x3 tile which doesn't do anything. We were going to go with white plaster and then decided to upgrade to the Ansylbrite and were going to go conservative with the lightest color Sapphire. Then we were considering the cobalt because we have a large pool and our sales rep said that with all the sun the pool would basically just look white - your pool coloring is gorgeous.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are looking to re-plaster our pool and they are recommending Ansylbrite Quartz available in five color choices. I am having a difficult time finding info on this and pictures of what the water looks like with the colors. Any input, pictures, opinions on durability, experience with this product would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Beth

Just wondering what you ended up doing. We are in process of re plastering with Anthany & Silivan and are considering Sun Stone Select from C.L industries.
trying to get info on it, just not much out there as far as maintanence vs plaster that we have now.

Anyone new use A&S and ANSYLBrite? Better pricing then the other companies around us, but there are only 5 colors to choose from :/ Wife wants a Blue blue and the cobolt seems kinda pale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.