losing fc

Jun 3, 2014
gastonia/nc
Any help would be great. Losing 4.5 ppm FC over past few says after losing 2.5 for first couple weeks. CYA 70. CC 0. PH 7.6. FC at 5.5 end of day til one gallon of bleach bumps to 10. Vinyl siding. 18 x 36. Approx 19500 gallons. Clear and no algae. Any suggestions or clues i could use?

My apologies. I am losing 4.5 ppm daily. I know my CYA can still stand to come down but i had started at 120 after buying my house. Last summer on average i lost 3.5 ppm but i know that was attributed to the CYA being through the roof. I was hoping the 2.5 a day i was losing after the CYA would be the norm but again the past few days ive been losing 4.5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a thought- are you sure of the strength of your chlorine? Some cheaper chlorine is less than the standard 8.25 % most common now. Dollar stores and the like sometimes have some as low as 3%. That's not a bargain y'know? Fresh chlorine is the strongest, old chlorine or chlorine exposed to outside elements loses potency.

Yippee

Yes it is 8.25. I buy walmart brand only and one gallon jacks up my ppms 4.5 each time. I keep the bleach in my laundry room on my shelf to avoid evaporation from heat. Thanks for the thought. Im just going to monitor for another week and see if this is just my fate this summer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.