Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any motor heads?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any motor heads?

I have a Aqua-flo flow master xp2 3.6hp, 2 speed, 48y, 240 volt motor. The start switch is bad, so I have decided to replace the motor. Ordered a Waterway 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240 volt motor from Spadepot. Does anyone know of the quality of this motor? Also, has anyone delt with Spadepot? I've read that many people sell pumps and motors together as Waterway, however only the wetend is Waterway and motor is knock off. Not sure if Spadepot is such dealer.
    34x18 doughboy (desert springs) above ground. Has deep end, but don't know depth yet. Pool came with house (first season). 22in sand filter (250lbs sand)with 1.5hp two speed pump. Pentair MiniMax ch 200m heater.
    440 gallon Emerald spa. Currently a 3.6hp, 2 speed, 46y, 240volts motor. Changing to a 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240volt motor.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Any motor heads?

Wanted to say hello and bump your post for you.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsteve View Post
    I have a Aqua-flo flow master xp2 3.6hp, 2 speed, 48y, 240 volt motor. The start switch is bad, so I have decided to replace the motor. Ordered a Waterway 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240 volt motor from Spadepot.
    I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but if you are JUST changing motors, I think it highly unlikely that the new motor will fit. A Frame 48 motor and a frame 56 motor have virtually nothing in common, including shaft size and mounting flange. The "Y" modifier says that something is "different," but not what.... in this case, probably the shaft is threaded.

You may want to double check the fit....

4. Back To Top    #4

The new pump and motor come complete. Both the old pump and new pump are 2 inch in and out side discharge. I know mounting will be different for new pump, however I seem to have plenty of room to adjust as needed. Am I wrong in thinking this is possible? I'm a DIY kinda guy and it seems possible to me.
    34x18 doughboy (desert springs) above ground. Has deep end, but don't know depth yet. Pool came with house (first season). 22in sand filter (250lbs sand)with 1.5hp two speed pump. Pentair MiniMax ch 200m heater.
    440 gallon Emerald spa. Currently a 3.6hp, 2 speed, 46y, 240volts motor. Changing to a 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240volt motor.

5. Back To Top    #5

OK, disregard, I didn't pick up on the fact that it is an assembly. So.... you are good. Only thing left is to make sure that primer and glue is fresh

6. Back To Top    #6

Motor change was a success. She's purring like a kitten.