Will I need to Slam?

May 11, 2015
Barnhart, Mo
Hey there , Im new to this method of pool maintenance but not this site. I started stalking last year when I got fed up having issues with the (FROG). I have decided to start this method starting with opening this year. My Question is will I have to slam? We pulled our cover off Sunday, crystal clear water, some sediment on the bottom. My TF100 test kit will be here tomorrow for best test #. I have the basic chlorine, ph, And alkalinity drop test along with test strips that have CYA, fc, TC, PH, and alkalinity. So far the strips have been the same as with the drop test . first test I did showed alkalinity 180 and Ph 7.8, so I used ph down that I had on hand and the only other thing I have used was bleach. Test results today are CYA <50 ( the test goes from 0 to 150 the color shows in between 0 and 50 closer to 50.) Ph 7.2, TA 120, FC 7 , TC 7 . So every time I test the FC and TC are always the same. Thanks in advance for all the help.

PS: I will post most accurate results tomorrow when I get my TF100;)

So I just finished testing with the TF100.
Results are as follows.
cya-60
FC-9
CC-0
TA-140
PH- 7.5

I will post over night FC reading in the morning, if that's good I guess I can lower chlorine down and I'm good?

- - - Updated - - -

I am also going to recheck the CYA , that one's a doozie!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.