1 year old AG 16x48 Intex ultraframe

Jun 18, 2014
Elizabeth, IN
Last year was my first year with a pool. I learned a lot but it's been awhile. It's so easy to forget. I'll be taking notes this year for next year! We are reopening our pool. We have only filled it with water and turned the filter on. I have not added the salt or any chemicals yet. We have trees with white blooms around the pool causing a lot of debris. There is some white build up in the pool besides the petals, I'm wondering if this is pollen or whatnot from the trees? We ended up leaving the pool up all winter and uncovered after the pool cover caved in (lesson learned). We drained 99 % of it and refilled. What is my next step? I tested all the levels. Do I add the salt first and turn on the swg? Or do I start with the other levels? We have very hard water and I get ALOT of build up in the swg cells so it's a chore to keep up with but I was eventually able to keep in maintained last year. Here are my levels. TY for any and all Advice!

Salt - did not register on test
Chlorine- 0
CH - 125
TA - 220
CYA- 0
PH - 8.2

Welcome. May I ask what test kit are you using? Based off of your results you posted your PH is to high it needs to be lowered. No FC is not good and no CY is not good. If you can let us know what test you are using it will help us to direct you on where to start.

Edited to add I see you have the TF 100 from reading your post from last year.
Jason has guided you in the right direction.

You should lower the pH into the 7s and get 2ppm of FC in the water and maintain it there.
Then get some CYA dissolving in a sock, target around 50ppm and start maintaining the correct FC level for that CYA (FC/CYA Chart).
After a week test the CYA and add more to hit around 70ppm for your SWG.

You can add the salt at any time, wait at least 24 hours to turn on the SWG ... and you will likely need to supplement the FC with bleach until the CYA bank builds up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.