Pool cleaner research survey

melbajr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2013
Florence, SC
When I logged on to tfp earlier today there was a large yellow box inviting me to participate in a survey about pool cleaners. Because it was on this site I responded that I would take part. Now I'm wondering if it's legit or if I made a mistake. Does anyone know about this poolresearch.org?

It is legit. There are some other threads that discuss the same concerns. Many of the Mods/Admin have spoken to them directly and the Admins were the ones that posted up the yellow box.

This could be a great way to supplement the funding to keep this forum running smoothly and without ads plastered all over like most forums ... and at the same time potentially affect future pool cleaner designs.

Yes, it is legit. This is TFP's first venture in allowing another company to come in and share some of our members ideas.

Leebo is administering that program and is in direct contact with them.

Great news! Such a weight off...

As Amanda14 posted "
I completed it figuring the admins and mods have our interests in privacy in their minds eye."

That was my first instinct also, but we recently found out my husband may be a victim of identity theft so I've been a bit more cautious and worried lately. Thanks to all for the quick response!

Hey, no problem, and that is the smart thing. Just so everyone knows, we have thoroughly vetted this. We would never compromise our members under any circumstances. I'm signed up and anxious. Normally not so much with surveys, but obviously, I love talking pools so it's a fun thing for me knowing it may influence a pool cleaner design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I spoke to Thomas on the phone on the previous survey. He's a really intelligent guy and is really into what he is doing. Very personable fellow and it was a great conversation. He asks questions like... what feature do you specifically like or not,... how is it powered up... do you like the way its powered up... how often do you use it...how long does it take to get it going....is it loud... how much electricity does it use...do youremove it from the pool when not in use... if so, why.. where do you store it... how much does it weigh...how big is it....how much storage space does it take... is it easy or hard to get out of the pool, does it climb walls, what type of filter does it have, how do you get the filter out, how do you clean them, is it messy, how long does it take... just a lot of questions and each question leads to another one.. the guy is really curious and really smart.

Originally a few weeks ago, he wanted to hear from people who only had a pressure side cleaner. But upon learning that lots of us have robots, (we're probably the majority here), he expanded the survey to include robot users too.

I would be thrilled to see a new or highly improved come out with improvements or designs based upon the input of us.
That would be pretty cool. I wonder what they would name it? :)

Sorry I haven't answered this thread sooner. Currently got one daughter coughing up a storm each night while the other decided it would be fun to start to come down with a stomach virus at the same time. :D

I fully respect the concerns you may have with this survey. It is the first time TFP has ventured outside of the forum to share the members ideas that thoughts about pool care. We are excited about seeing positive results come from our thoughts. As mentioned in this post we currently have around 150 members signed up to complete the survey. One thing Thomas and I agreed on is that I have the ability to view these results in which he has granted me. I am closely watching the results and the details of the registration for this survey to make sure that it's all on the Up and Up.

If it pops back up on my screen, i'll complete...I too thought is was bogus as well as did not see the forum note saying is was legit...anything to help the forum, admins and other to run things optimally is a good idea, payment or not....

Thanks Tex!!

We are if anything, overly protective of our members and forum when it comes to commercial or security issues. :goodjob:

@ melbajr....even though we are here to teach and learn, we do our best to make it fun too :jocolor:

i've noticed, this is not the first time TFP has given me the giggles. that's probably why this site is not as intimidating as i had expected for a newb like me. everyone is here to help where they can in a friendly and positive way. y'all have turned pool ownership from a dreaded chore to a well, easier and much less dreaded chore. =*D hey, its still work!
thanks again :lovetfp:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.