Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do you store your vinyl winter cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario, Canada

How do you store your vinyl winter cover

I have a blue plastic bucket with a lid that I store by 18' x 36' vinyl winter cover in between may - October. I add a little algaecide, fill the drum with water and a little bleach.

How do you store your winter cover?
    18' x 36' vinyl steel wall pool with deep end, 2 lights and 6' steps, main drain, SWG, Cartridge Filter, 320,000 BTU Rheem heater, 3/4HP 1 stage pump - Ontario, Canada

2. Back To Top    #2

western NY

Re: How do you store your vinyl winter cover

mine is not vinyl, it is a polypropylene plastic tarp material. I lay mine out on the driveway and hose it down real good to clean it and let it dry. I fold it into halves until the widest part is about 2' wide then I roll it up and store in on the top shelf in the garden shed
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Central Minnesota

Re: How do you store your vinyl winter cover

Mine just goes in the carrying bag folded up. Bag goes in the basement. I make sure to dry the cover in the sun, draped over the fence before storing.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons