Cloudy Pool after Major Storms

Apr 17, 2015
Grapevine/texas
I am a new pool owner. We had major storms in North Texas this last week. A portion of a garden washed out and a good amount went into the pool. Over the past few days, I have Super Chlorinated for 24 hrs, brushed walls 2x, vacuumed pool 2x and balanced PH from 7.8 to 7.5. I just used the T100 test and here are the results:

FC:5.5; CC: .5 - TC 6
PH:7.5
Alkalinity: 60ppm
Calcium Hardness: 425ppm
CYA: 50-60ppm
Salinity: 2900ppm
Temp: 75

The pool is pretty cloudy with poor visibility to bottom in shallow and no visibility to bottom in deep end. I would greatly appreciate counsel on next steps. We have had about 2 days without rain but are expecting a bunch more this week. Thank you, dustin

Welcome to TFP Dustin :wave:

First, when you say super chlorinate, what do you mean? Are you testing that FC TC with a special kit? 5-6 isn't really that high, and not for your Cya level for sure. Can't say how much of your cloudy is from run off, or from something else. What kit do you test with?

Thanks! Super Chlorinate is a feature on my pool's computer - it basically runs the filter for 24 hours running the TCell chlorinator at full blast. I am not overly familiar with it past that. I am using the T100 recommended by this site to test everything. It tests FC and CC. The garden uses organic fertilizer and cedar mulch. I have gotten all of it out now other than residue. Thanks, Dustin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.