Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy Pool after Major Storms

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloudy Pool after Major Storms

I am a new pool owner. We had major storms in North Texas this last week. A portion of a garden washed out and a good amount went into the pool. Over the past few days, I have Super Chlorinated for 24 hrs, brushed walls 2x, vacuumed pool 2x and balanced PH from 7.8 to 7.5. I just used the T100 test and here are the results:

FC:5.5; CC: .5 - TC 6
    PH:7.5
    Alkalinity: 60ppm
    Calcium Hardness: 425ppm
    CYA: 50-60ppm
    Salinity: 2900ppm
    Temp: 75

The pool is pretty cloudy with poor visibility to bottom in shallow and no visibility to bottom in deep end. I would greatly appreciate counsel on next steps. We have had about 2 days without rain but are expecting a bunch more this week. Thank you, dustin
    21.5k gal, Plaster In Ground w/salt deck, SWG, ALogic P-4 Salt, Hayward NS 2HP, Hayward - C4025 Filter, polaris380, Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloudy Pool after Major Storms

Welcome to TFP Dustin

First, when you say super chlorinate, what do you mean? Are you testing that FC TC with a special kit? 5-6 isn't really that high, and not for your Cya level for sure. Can't say how much of your cloudy is from run off, or from something else. What kit do you test with?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

** Post deleted **

Patrick beat me to it...

Welcome to the forum Dustin.
    14,000 Gal IG Pool/500 Gal Attached Spa
    Pentair Whisperflow 1hp Single Speed Pump
    Sta-Rite Posi-Flo PTM-135 Cartridge Filter
    Hayward H400 Natural Gas Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP. I agree with what Patrick has asked.the only thing I might as is I am curious.... You say garden washed into the pool. Was the soil fertilized?
    Last edited by jblizzle; 05-12-2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typos
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! Super Chlorinate is a feature on my pool's computer - it basically runs the filter for 24 hours running the TCell chlorinator at full blast. I am not overly familiar with it past that. I am using the T100 recommended by this site to test everything. It tests FC and CC. The garden uses organic fertilizer and cedar mulch. I have gotten all of it out now other than residue. Thanks, Dustin.
    21.5k gal, Plaster In Ground w/salt deck, SWG, ALogic P-4 Salt, Hayward NS 2HP, Hayward - C4025 Filter, polaris380, Jandy Valves

6. Back To Top    #6

You need to follow the SLAM procedure, and we suggest using liquid chlorine / bleach in the process instead of your SWG as all this 100% run time superchlorinating is shortening the life of your SWG cell.

see

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...efeating-algae

http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...ntain-shocking
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~