Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: introduction and new pool build in AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face introduction and new pool build in AZ

Hi, im Casey and a newbie at this site and building a pool. I have really enjoyed looking at all the threads and builds everyone is doing and figured its time to share mine!

Hopefully these links work

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: introduction and new pool build in AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

What details can you provide about the equipment ... might not be too late if we would recommend alternatives.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Looks like a nice pool design! Congrats!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Hm, I'll have to look at the specs my husband went over that with them I do know it's a Hayward variable pump and a aquanaut cleaner. We did not do the in floor cleaning system it just simply wasn't in budget.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome, Casey!! That's such a wonderful shape to your pool. It looks like a huge sun shelf - I'm drooling over that! And I love the width at the other end of the pool. Great room for floats and such! I look forward to seeing your specs and more design details - when you get a chance. Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes! the sun shelf was a must for us with two young children. the main goal of the pool was to keep it small so that we maintained most of our yard as well as keeping to a small budget. we don't want to over do it for our neighborhood. the excavation was completed Sunday and now we are just waiting for the plumber to get here ( he apparently has a lot of jobs) here is the specs

7. Back To Top    #7

Any recommendations?

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like you have a VS pump and a good size cartridge filter so that is good.

Make sure the skimmer(s) and floor drain is plumbed separate to the pump and controlled by valves. And make sure all valves are pool valves (like the Neverlube) and not PVC ball valves.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

They're doing plumbing now (finally) so I'll take a pic and upload it.

10. Back To Top    #10

Heres what we have so far with plumbing:

11. Back To Top    #11

I like the big sun shelf
    (Started 4/20/15) 32' x 16' In-ground Presidential Pools(3-5-4) 14K gallon salt water pool, Pebble Radiance Kona Blue, Pentair Inteiliflo pump, 420 Cartridge filter, Q-360 in-floor cleaning, Eclipse drain, 2 Spectrum 360 LED lights, Grotto w/waterfall, Trazocrete table with bench seating, 2 deck jets, Baja step, 400 sq ft acrylic lace deck - Sonoran Stone.

12. Back To Top    #12

Steels done!

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Fantastic! You've got the cage now! Next stop - Gunite Land! Have fun. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

I sure hope you didn't get too much rain today. We are getting drenched across town! Looks good! I spend about half of my time lounging on my baja step watching the kids.
    Owner-Builder, 13,500 IG StoneScapes Mini Pebble (Aqua White), Pentair 160301 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40, Intelli pH system, Intelliflo VS pump, Startup 2/26/2015

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks like they just beat the rain.
    (Started 4/20/15) 32' x 16' In-ground Presidential Pools(3-5-4) 14K gallon salt water pool, Pebble Radiance Kona Blue, Pentair Inteiliflo pump, 420 Cartridge filter, Q-360 in-floor cleaning, Eclipse drain, 2 Spectrum 360 LED lights, Grotto w/waterfall, Trazocrete table with bench seating, 2 deck jets, Baja step, 400 sq ft acrylic lace deck - Sonoran Stone.

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Looking good on progress! Down south we are expecting rain throug the night.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

17. Back To Top    #17

Yes lots of rain last night! They finished about 5 minutes before the rain started. Here's a picture of the aftermath not sure if the rain caused any issues

18. Back To Top    #18

All things considered, I think you escaped relatively unscathed. Looks like an area under your sheer and around your baja got washed out a little, so they will be shooting a little extra shotcrete in there. I've seen much worse!
    Owner-Builder, 13,500 IG StoneScapes Mini Pebble (Aqua White), Pentair 160301 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40, Intelli pH system, Intelliflo VS pump, Startup 2/26/2015

19. Back To Top    #19

Yea it looks ok. I see where you were talking about on the baja I think that was like that. Guess we will find out if they ever decide to work again haha

20. Back To Top    #20

Electric is done should be doing gunite friday!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast