Sand under seasonal pool: yay or nay?

mommao

Apr 29, 2015
Northwestern PA
Hi!
I'm setting up my intex-style (proseries) pool for the first time this spring. My test kit just arrived, I cleared out Kmart on high-concentration plain bleach (sale price 2.99- not sure if this is regional or national), sunscreen is ready to go, floaties at the ready for the tots...

I am nearing level in my dig down of the pool site, hope to be done within the week. I have thin foam insulation (came with the used pool, so I'm not sure of the specs) but wondered if I should lay a thin layer of sand as well. Would it improve anything?
The site is cut out of a pretty significant grade- 19" rise over 18'- so I anticipate some rain runoff alongside the pool- I wonder if the sand would wash out over the course of the summer.

HO insurance stipulates that we take it down in the fall, so I'll have a chance to fix anything that doesn't work out well this summer.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.