Error message when I click on threads

Samantha_in_AL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2010
Altoona, AL
Is anyone else having problems opening threads? I constantly get "This Page Can't Be Displayed." This has been happening to me for weeks. Is there something I need to update on my computer, or is this happening to others? It literally took about a dozen tries to open this page to HOPEFULLY post this.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to happen when I click on the new thread links listed on the right side of the home page. It's only when I'm choosing a thread title from the lists.

It's just the standard IE error message, the same one you would get if you typed a web address wrong or if a link is no good. It's very basic, not the one that says "Diagnose Connection Problems."
I can't get the screenshot to work.

I haven't seen the server too busy error.

I'm using my Chrome browser now. It seems to be working better.

It's just the standard IE error message, the same one you would get if you typed a web address wrong or if a link is no good. It's very basic, not the one that says "Diagnose Connection Problems."
I can't get the screenshot to work.

I haven't seen the server too busy error.

I'm using my Chrome browser now. It seems to be working better.
IE 11 is really touchy that way, sometimes certain scripts it encounters cause it to stop rendering the page. Even if it's scripts it's encountered before. I'll be leveraging browser cache of static assets soon, that will clean up the vast majority of that type of issue.

Reason I wanted to see the screenie was to determine if the error message was generated by your IE, or by vBulletin. You answered that quite nicely, thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.