Rogerbrks new build

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I'm so excited!!!! :party: We got word yesterday that our PB will be out sometime today and start ripping up my yard. That doesn't sound right. But it sure feels good - for them to get started. We have had a lot of rain lately. My PB has been behind on finishing other pools. I see that as a good thing. To me it means they are trusted and good at what they do. I do have a picture of the outline paint on the ground from two weeks ago. I'll try to learn how to post pictures and share my experience.

Roger, congrats on the start. Have your phone cos. phone# and the cable cos. # ready. If any of your cables are in the backyard, you can be certain the excavation crew will find them. I was on a first name basis with both techs that would come and visit.

As for posting photos, take a look at this thread I did a few days ago. Hope it helps.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=65

If that does not help, I am willing to do an online chat session with you or anyone else that needs help. Once you have done it once, you are a pro. It is that easy. Send me a PM suggesting a suitable time and I will respond asap.

It's a week later and the PB is just now getting to the dig that I was told would start a week ago. It was tough making a decision on the PB and even tougher on the type of pool we wanted. It was a choice between a vinyl lined pool or gunite. We went with the gunite because the boss was not going to let there be any peace in the house if we went with the vinyl lined pool. Let me add that Serenity Pool is a great company and I would recommend anyone looking at a vinyl pool in the Austin area to strongly consider them. Even if you're trying to make the decision on what type of pool you want, make sure that you talk with Serenity Pools.

Here is the layout. I'm not sure how clear it is.

34.jpg

So here is a picture to keep tradition a live...The first Scoop!!!!

35.jpg

.....and the end of the 1st day

36.jpg

I also can't believe that at the end of the day the workers cleand up ALL of their trash and shoveled loose dirt back in the yard that was dumped in the street by the Bobcat when they were loading the dumptruck.

The entire 2nd day was raining. I was surpirsed that the PB even came out. They made progress.

They had to remark the pool layout...

37.jpg

Here is are pictures of the progress made on the second day. They stopped at about 3pm. It was too wet.

38.jpg

39.jpg

Here are the trenches from the bobcat as they dumped dirt to the dumptruck

40.jpg

The third day (Weds 4/18/2007) was sunshine and hot. I gave the guys a 6pack of beer to cool off with as they left. I stayed home becuase one of the kiddos was sick. It is amazing how they are so precise with those big machines in a small space. Here is a picture at the end of the day.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Tomorrow should be another great weather day in Central Texas. The excavators should be complete by the end of the day. I was lucky that they did not hit any limestone rock. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

just curious, and this may be a totally ignorant question, but why did they dig down in the yard before they dug out the shape of your pool? Maybe I just have not paid attention to other pics, but it seems to me they just carve out the pool level with the yard (unless on a slope, which it appears you are not)...

The little nibbles with the big machines amaze me also!

just curious, and this may be a totally ignorant question, but why did they dig down in the yard before they dug out the shape of your pool? Maybe I just have not paid attention to other pics, but it seems to me they just carve out the pool level with the yard (unless on a slope, which it appears you are not)...

The little nibbles with the big machines amaze me also!

Queen,

You are very observant. There is a slope to my back yard. Down from the back line towards the house. They recommended a step be built to step up onto the decking from our existing patio. I was adamant about the decking being level with the pre-existing patio. They had to dig down first to level the pool and decking to the existing patio. There will be a 24" raised beam on the back side with three water features on it.

I received word from my PB that the plumbing and steel work has been completed. The inspection is scheduled for tomorrow but it looks as if rain is in the forcast. Gunite is supposed to be done on Weds. It all depends on how much rain we get Tuesday. I am very impressed at how the workers are professional and how they keep the yard free of trash.

View from the back side of the pool with steel and plumbing complete.

Theyrestedonthe7thandcompletedth-1.jpg

View from the patio.

59.jpg

The rough plumbing was completed yesterday and today the City of Round Rock came out to inspect the work. It passed inspection and depending on how much rain we get overnite will determine if they come out tomorrow morning and shotcrete the gunite. This is one check I look forward to writing.

We had a storm come through last night but Round Rock was spared with only heavy rain. The gunite crew came out at 6am. I was already up due to the storm coming through over night. Well it was more of excitement than thunder and lightening. Here are some pictures of the finished gunite.

61.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture due to the glare of the sun.

62.jpg

I was informed that they will be out tomorrow to do the tile and coping along with the trim tile for the steps. I thought the pool had to cure for at least 5-7days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
divnkd101,

I took this picture closer to 7pm. My back yard faces the sun all day. From reading post on the forum I think I'm going to have some trouble with FC. Our bottom floor had white walls and has white ceramic tile w/ hardwood floors. It did a great job of keeping the house cool during the day. A lot of times we thought we had the AC on but didn't. Part of the remodeling this year was having the walls repainted to what I call a light green. My wife has a more technical and specific color name for it. We'll see if it keeps the house cool over the summer.

Coping and Tile Completed

It took the PB several days to complete the coping and tile. There was some confusion on Friday and they were delayed for several hours. They worked majority of the day Saturday. We had rain all day Monday and a storm came through Monday night. Tuesday morning they came out just before 8am and tried to start working when another storm came through as well as Tuesday night. They came out at 8am this mornig and caught a good humid day. The recent thunderstorms were a blessing for the curing of the gunite. At 8pm CST we are under another storm watch.

A view from the patio
3.jpg

The toeline marker/tile. We used the material that is used on slides. We thought it was different.
4.jpg

The waterline tile
5.jpg

The raised wall with 2' polaris water fall waterfeature
6.jpg

I am really impressed with the care, attention and professionalism of the PB and his employees.

They finished the form and pouring the concrete for the deck. As well, we did extend our existing patio an additional 320 sqft. I had to come home in the middle of the day to let a repair man come in to fix our washing machine. When I drove up the concrete pump was sitting idle as they were waiting for the 2nd truck to come with more concrete. Apparently there was a mix up with how much was scheduled to come. Well there was a big time gap between the two trucks and while they were waiting the PB employees did not empty the pump hose thus letting the concrete in the hose harden. After being home and waiting on the repair man for 30-40 min the second truck comes. At this time I'm sitting in my home office which has a window that I can see the hose. All of a sudden I here thousands of pellets showering the window. It sound as if a hard rain started. The concrete pump operator was trying to pump the new concrete with the hard/dry concrete still in the hose. The hose burst and the side of my house was sprayed with concrete. Concrete was on the garage door, all over the driveway along side the house and even got on one of the worker's back. Here's the kicker, I would have parked my car in the driveway if the operater of the pump didn't entirely block my driveway. I must say, the PB and his crew worked diligently to get every piece of concrete off the house. I've always been impressed with my PB and his crew. I know they were obligated to get it off the house, but these guys were meticulous about getting it off. I'm sure some other PB would have done a 1/2 azz job in attempting to get it off. I am surpirse that they didn't put the KoolDeck on. I was informed that they will not put the decking on until they are complete with construction. They have to finish the retaining wall. As you will see in the picture.

Here are some pictures from behind the retaining wall.

11.jpg

12.jpg

We got the equipment placed on Monday. They have decided to make the retaining wall a second priority and will finish whenever. Yesterday they put up the front gates. Our city codes states that the fence only needs to be 4 feet high. heck my 4 year old is tall enough to climb over it.

Here are a few pictures of the equipment

100_1937.jpg

100_1934.jpg

Today they are doing the spray deck. Not sure if this is the same as KoolDeck. I'll post pictures later tonight. Tomorrow, they are suppose to plaster and the fill the pool.

Roger,

Pics/ Pool are looking great. I get the award of being the safety concious nut on the forum. Notice your Propane tank by the AC compressor... Not a good mix. :( Had a friend blow a pretty big hole in his house dealing with the same thing. Sorry to be this way, but just don't want to see anything happen to you and family. Keep the pics coming. You will be swimming by next weekend for sure. :-D

divnkd101,

Thanks for the safety. My brother is the health and safety supervisor of Samsung Austin Semiconductors amd he blasted me for the samething. Well let the record show that the propane tank is now in my patio table top fire pit. Here are some pictures of Plaster and the start of the pool fill. As the guys were plastering they put on the make-shift shoes. They were made out of card board rapped in towels and then covered with plastic. They used red tape to secure them on their feet. I thought it was ingeneous.

Plaster.jpg

We started at 10:40am CMT. My water meter read 589,980 and this picture was taken at 12:08 pm

PoolStarttofill.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.