LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Peeked under pool cover, water looks as clear as I left it. If all is really well when I remove the cover and the needed water, do I just get it back to my normal levels of do I have to SLAM?

Was told I must shock pool but since I don't use their method, I didn't know if it was necessary.

Also, is pool safe to swim in right off the bat. Naturally, the kids are just begging to open and it's gonna be tempting them to get right in.

HAPPY SPRING! It was a long, cold winter. Happy to be asking this question. My first pool opening! Yea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why SLAM if nothing is wrong?

Once it's open and the water is well mixed get a full set of tests done.

Adjust pH first. The add chlorine to get to a known number, lets say 10 and test again in 30 minutes to an hour and see if the chlorine is holding. If not, you may need to SLAM.

I would definatly do a Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to verify nothing is hidden in the water.

Opened pool, added water and first test results. Seems to good to be true...

FC = 2
CC = 0
TC = 2
PH = 7.6
TA = 100
CYA = 35

I think I might bump my CYA up in the 40's this summer? Kept it like 30 last year.

My neighbor just said "aren't you gonna shock your pool?" [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.