Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 self cleaning cycle..

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 self cleaning cycle..

A few quick questions...

I see in the manual that with the bog standard IC40 you can easily change the self-cleaning cycle by holding down the less/more buttons. If I'm using an EasyTouch is this setting just buried somewhere in the settings? I was hoping to see it in my handy-dandy Screenlogic interface but it's not.

Second question - should I mess with it? I was thinking of setting it to the max (5 hours, I guess?) since my CSI is fairly negative (-.3 or so) and I'd expect scaling to not be much of an issue, so my logic is less frequent self-clean will prolong life.
    30k plaster pool
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo, Pentair CCP520, IC40 SWG, IntelliPH Acid system
    Easytouch 4 + ScreenLogic2

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 self cleaning cycle..

To change the setting you need to hold the "less" button on the IC40 itself for three seconds. Then use the less or more buttons to change it. I don't think there's a setting on the EasyTouch to change it.

Up to you on whether or not you want to change it. When I installed mine, I changed it right away to 5 hours. I have the IntellipH system installed which has the acid injector installed just before my unit going off every hour. I figure the will provide enough cleaning along with the five hour setting to keep maintenance low.
    20k Gal Plaster, 3/4 A.O. Smith B2847 Pump, Pentair CCP520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair 521377 Intelli pH Canister with Controller, Maytronics Dolphin Triton Plus cleaning robot

3. Back To Top    #3

I changed mine to most frequent self cleaning because our Intex SWG needed to be cleaned a lot. After a year and a half or so I looked at it and it was clean. Haven't looked at it in at least a year. Maybe I should take a peek.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, I changed mine to 5 - didn't realize the button was on the IC40 itself and not on the controller (in my case, IntelliPH or Easytouch).
    30k plaster pool
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo, Pentair CCP520, IC40 SWG, IntelliPH Acid system
    Easytouch 4 + ScreenLogic2