IC40 self cleaning cycle..

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
A few quick questions...

I see in the manual that with the bog standard IC40 you can easily change the self-cleaning cycle by holding down the less/more buttons. If I'm using an EasyTouch is this setting just buried somewhere in the settings? I was hoping to see it in my handy-dandy Screenlogic interface but it's not.

Second question - should I mess with it? I was thinking of setting it to the max (5 hours, I guess?) since my CSI is fairly negative (-.3 or so) and I'd expect scaling to not be much of an issue, so my logic is less frequent self-clean will prolong life.

To change the setting you need to hold the "less" button on the IC40 itself for three seconds. Then use the less or more buttons to change it. I don't think there's a setting on the EasyTouch to change it.

Up to you on whether or not you want to change it. When I installed mine, I changed it right away to 5 hours. I have the IntellipH system installed which has the acid injector installed just before my unit going off every hour. I figure the will provide enough cleaning along with the five hour setting to keep maintenance low.

I changed mine to most frequent self cleaning because our Intex SWG needed to be cleaned a lot. After a year and a half or so I looked at it and it was clean. Haven't looked at it in at least a year. Maybe I should take a peek.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.