Getting rid of pool store.....help

Yes we have 6lbs of CYA on hand! FC is at 14!!! Pool is alot clearer also---still can't see the main drains in the deep end but its close!!! So, should I add anything???? I'm just so excited now I can't remember anything to do! LOL

It appears,you are holding FC, so yes, it's time to add CYA up to 30. Measure the amount Pool Math suggests adding to get to 30 and add via the sock method.

Starting tomorrow morning assume your CYA is 30 and start using that as your basis for shock level.

Keep up the good work. Test, adjust, brush & keep,the pump running.

ok---just realized that our chlorinator is wide open---last nite FC was at 13 & this morning it was at 3. It is so much clearer every day--we can now see the main drains in the deep end!!! Sooooo excited!! So with that in mind do I still add CYA? Because I'm real nervous that someone on a previous post said if the bacteria isn't gone that the CYA could turn to ammonia again!! I'm just really scared to!! But I'm guessing since the FC keeps dropping everyday overnite it's because there's no CYA so, just looking for a little reassurance!! lol

If something in your pool is using up your FC it raises the CC. When it's the sun eating your FC it doesn't raise the CC level. That's why we keep SLAMMING as long as the CC level is above 0.5.

You are through with SLAM when you meet all three criteria:

CC of 0.5 or below
OCLT
Clear water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok!! well we can't turn our chlorinator off so we took out all of the chlorine sticks. Our FC is at 12 & CC is at .4 so we are going to add the CYA & see where we are!! I am not going to lie---I'm extremely nervous!!!! But here goes! Should I also be testing the pH now & bringing that up as well?

Yep, that's it. I did some sock squeezing myself today while I was hanging out in the pool. :)

Scoop all you can out of the pool that will speed up the slam and use less chlorine. Brush the walls and bottom once or twice per day to scrub the algae off and expose it to more chlorine and kill it faster.

Make sure you now raise your FC level to match the CYA level that you were shooting for with today's addition. It won't show up on the test for a week but it will be in there working so assume you hit the target you aimed for and raise your FC target to match it. :)

FC was at 13.4 & CC was .4 last night. Tested this morning & FC is 13, CC is .4!!!!!! So if I need to be at FC target now I need to stop adding bleach for a little bit & leave the chlorine sticks out of the chlorinator & wait til it drops to 10 or below to test my pH--correct? I just need to balance everything out from here? :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.