Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterfall foaming

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterfall foaming

Hi-

New to the TFPC method, but I can already tell a difference in my water. I bought the house last year and used pucks (like the previous owner) to chlorinate the pool and bag/powder to shock. Anyway, pool looks great, but I can't figure out how to stop the small amounts of foam from the waterfall (pic attached). Any advice is much appreciated.

FC - 7
    PH - 7.5
    TA - 100
    CH - 600
    CYA - 75
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17,500 IG pebbleTec pool, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, Pentair Quad 60 DE filter
    TF-100 test kit, built 2011

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Waterfall foaming

Welcome!

Any chance you might have accidently bought some splashless bleach? Or any of the other designer clorox bleaches? They'll foam. So will some algaecides. Time and FC will eliminate both.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, Richard! I've been very careful in choosing my bleach, making sure it's regular. I did use Phosfree (advice from pool store) about 3 weeks ago, when I noticed the foam getting worse. I thought it would work itself out over time, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

My plan is to do a full filter wash this weekend and hope that takes care of the problem. I'll report back then.

thanks!
    Mario
    17,500 IG pebbleTec pool, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, Pentair Quad 60 DE filter
    TF-100 test kit, built 2011

4. Back To Top    #4

Some brands of trichlor tablets and shocks are not 100% pure meaning they have added other things to it such as algaecides, clarifiers, borates or who knows what. Some non-hazardous ingredients are proprietary meaning they dont have to tell exactly what it is.

I suppose if you let us know exactly what you have been putting in the pool then maybe someone can pinpoint the problem.
    16k AG Vinyl Sand Filter