So, I have this hunch and i'm hoping a pool expert can help.
Let me start by saying, we pretty much follow BBB to the letter -- I only use our inline chlorinator at the beginning of the season to keep our pool in shock until it's clean and we're ready to officially open it/swim (and the pucks let me introduce CYA somewhat effectively) and we use the chlorinator when we go out of town of more than 3-4 days.
We used to have a Hayward 220 inline system. I could put 9 pucks in it, turn it on 1/2 way, and the pucks would last for ~7-10 days and my chlorine would stay a constant 7-10 ppm. When we had our heater removed at the beginning of this season, they couldn't replumb the old inline system and sold us a new Rainbow 320 (in my defense - I was 7 days postpartum and seriously lacking sleep when I agreed to just let them sell us a new unit without doing any research on it. I stupidly assumed they would replace it with the same system, only new).
That was two weeks ago. My husband added 9 pucks the day it was installed and there are still 6 in the system. We're running is FULL OPEN and I can't get the chlorine to register at more than .6 ppm (and this is after I've been shocking it liquid chlorine every other day). You can tell there's water running thru it (the pucks are wet) -- but it doesn't seem like they're dissolving at ALL. These pucks are left over from last year, but according to the bucket -- are still good.
I don't know if the inline system was installed incorrectly, or if it's just a super sucky system in comparison to our old Hayward system. With a new baby -- I was kinda hoping to use the inline system to keep the chlorine up until we could have our liquidator installed. I'm just not sure if I should call the pool company and tell them to come out and fix the inline system - or if it's just undersized/crappy for my pool size.
Anyone have experience?