Can't figure out how to balance PH and TA....

Lrooth

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have a balance problem and am puzzled as to how to approach the fix. How do I get my ph higher without increasing TA? Or lower PH without raising TA? I have been slamming for week, going from black to almost clear... A bit cloudy now. Should I continue to slam or fix PH/TA? p.s. Waiting for a pump rePlacement... Working, but very loud. Not sure if this issue impacts solution.

Readings
FC: 3.75
CC: .5
PH: 6.9
TA: 130
CH: 80
CyA: 20
40,000 gallon plaster
DE filter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can raise your PH by aerating the water by turning the your returns up so that it rolls the water good. It will do anything to your TA. Here is a link to how to do it.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/129-how-to-lower-lowering-total-alkalinity

You need to keep doing your SLAM until your pool is clear. Here is a link to help you know when to stop your SLAM

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/136-perform-the-overnight-fc-chlorine-loss-test-oclt

Let me know if you need anything else!

Kim

Thank you.... I'm using TFT TEST kit. Been using BBB for two seasons. It's working for me...and saving lots of money! My pool so big, it swallows up chemicals.

I'll read up on the aeration. I don't have returns with eye balls. It's a 55 year old pool.

No one seems to be panicking with my Ph so low. So now I won't! I'll take a chill pill and keep slamming. ...and aerate.

It's been two weeks, black water has changed to sparkling, diamond flickering blue! I used bleach, soda ash, stabilizer and calcium hardness increaser. Oh yes, I used my TFT test kit.... No more pool stores!

My ph is still 140, but PH has gone up to 7.4. As always, Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.