Newbie with numbers

marianegs

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
NJ
Hello everyone my first test, was not as difficult as I thought! (If I did it right lol ) I just opened tonight Here are my numbers:

Ph-7.2
Fc-1.5
Cc-.25
Ch 250
Ta 100

I THINK I need to add 43oz of bleach and 8.8 oz of washing soda. Is that correct? Do I need to SLAM the pool?

That CC number does not make sense ... can you verify what you did for that number?

There is really no reason to add washing soda. As long as the pH is in the 7s, you are fine.

What is your CYA? That determines where the FC needs to be maintained.

I am using the Tf100. Is the cya the tube test with the black dot? I saw the black dot the entire time. So I was confused.... The cc test I needed one drop. The water is clear.... Maybe I am doing entire thing wrong?

Well 1 drop for the CC would be called 0.5ppm (assuming you used 10ml)

Seeing the dot to the top means your CYA is less than 30ppm. Was any CYA added when the pool was built last fall?

Ok so if my cc is .5 and my cya is less than 30 what do I do? I am not sure if any cya was added when the pool was closed. Someone closed it for me. They installed the pool and closed it the same day.

Then I would guess your CYA is 0. I would use PoolMath to calculate how much stabilizer you should add to get to 30ppm. Then get that dissolving in a sock in the skimmer, squeezing as often as you can to help it dissolve.

After adding the CYA, then assume you are at 30ppm and maintain the FC above the minimum listed in the FC/CYA Chart.

It would not hurt to raise the FC up toward shock level and Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is anything in the water that would warrant the SLAM process.

Two more questions... In the pool math, where does my CC # go? If my CYA is 0 it says to add 79 oz of liquid stabilizer, do I do that all at once? Also can I add the bleach in at the same time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is no place to enter CC in pool math. I would add 1/2 now add bleach 30 mins later. Check CYA in an hour. Then add more liquid Stablizer/ conditioner if you are not at your targeted CYA. Liquid gets in water faster so this is why you can check it sooner than granular Stablizer

Yes CC is not something you adjust.

I really encourage you to spend some time in Pool School. Start with the ABCs. Knowledge is the most important tool you'll have in your box.

+1 You will gain most of your confidence in TFPC with knowledge. That old saying is true, knowledge is power.

The solid CYA granules are a lot cheaper than the liquid ... there is really no hurry to use the liquid.

Also, I am not sure the liquid CYA would should up on the test in an hour ... that might be sporty. I would give it a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.