Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stepping down as site admin and moderator

1. Back To Top    #1

Stepping down as site admin and moderator

I am stepping down as site admin and as a moderator. After more than six years as the site admin, and a couple more before that as a moderator, it is time for me to move on.

Aside from my bright red Site Admin badge changing to a light blue TFP Expert badge, you shouldn't see any changes in the forum. Leebo took over most of my admin duties several months ago, and we have quite a few wonderful moderators.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stepping down as site admin and moderator

Well thanks for all the advice
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for everything!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for all you've done, and the advice given.
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Thank you for the time you served as admin. I know it probably was not always easy.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

SeanB first established the forum in 2007. Shortly after, he enlisted Jason's help to administer the forum and manage our software (phpbb)

I know many of you don't know the history of TFP.....it's worth a review. SeanB established this forum in 2007. Probably 5 months or so into it, he enlisted the assistance of Jason Lion to help with the technical side.

SeanB then sold the forum to me and I asked Jason to take complete administrative responsibility for TFP. He has done so for the past 7 years.

With his guidance, the forum has grown from a core of about 50 or so dedicated members to current membership of almost 80,000. To say that we'll miss Jason's expertise is obvious.

We are looking forward to Jason's participation as a TFP Expert......there is none better.

The transition will be smooth. We have asked a New member (Red Neckerson) to become technical admin for our forum. He brings a really in-depth knowledge of vbulletin to us and will be able to handle our current volume as well as future growth. He currently operates 2 other vbulletin forums so we are in good hands.

Thanks once again to JasonLion for getting us to this point. The future is bright.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks JasonLion!
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Thank you for the history behind TFP. I am glad Red Neckerson can take over technical admin duties.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks a bunch Jason for everything you have done ! The site wouldn't be what it is today without all the time and effort you have put into it !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

What I have seen on the tech side here so far could only be the result of excellent work over many years by Jason. This by all appearances is a very good example of a excellent, high performing, vBulletin installation and I am pleased to become a part of it. It stands as a example of Jason's dedication and capabilities and he deserves utmost respect and admiration for what he's accomplished here. Not only transitioning the board from phpBB to vBulletin (I've done that a couple of times too and it can really be a pain in the neck) but also having it running as smoothly as it does.

I'm not inheriting any problems here and that's a testament to Jason as well. Making it even better, is he will still be here as a contributing member and letting me bend his ear a bit from time to time.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Red Neckerson View Post
    What I have seen on the tech side here so far could only be the result of excellent work over many years by Jason. This by all appearances is a very good example of a excellent, high performing, vBulletin installation and I am pleased to become a part of it. It stands as a example of Jason's dedication and capabilities and he deserves utmost respect and admiration for what he's accomplished here. Not only transitioning the board from phpBB to vBulletin (I've done that a couple of times too and it can really be a pain in the neck) but also having it running as smoothly as it does.

I'm not inheriting any problems here and that's a testament to Jason as well. Making it even better, is he will still be here as a contributing member and letting me bend his ear a bit from time to time.
    Welcome aboard Red. I love your signature.
    Lisa

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    Welcome aboard Red. I love your signature.
    Thanks! And it's all true.

13. Back To Top    #13

Does retirement come along with a TFP Pension?

Seriously, I've been awol for a few years, but have returned to see the site humming along and running on something obviously better than a PII. No spam, flame wars, dups, run and moderated very well. Job well done to Jason and all other mods.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

14. Back To Top    #14

I have only been here about a year, but I have seen how much Jason contributes. At some point he has probably answered a question from everyone. Enjoy TFP retirement! Thanks for all you did for everyone here!
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

15. Back To Top    #15

Thank you Jason for your help and support!

Welcome aboard Red!
    Steve
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Thank you Jason for the many years of hard work and dedication.

17. Back To Top    #17

when I first joined TFP I always was amazed at Jason's knowledge of pools and their workings. Then as moved up as a moderator I once again was amazed at his abality to organize and control the site as he has. Then after taking on an admin position his abilities to keep the forum running as smooth as he has once again amazed me. I've got a HUGE set of shoes to fill with Jason's departure, but I can't wait to see how Jason amazes me as we proceed into the next phase of TFP!

I thank Jason for all he has done to not only help TFP, but also the pool industry. Your contributions to the forums growth have helped thousands!

Lee

18. Back To Top    #18

Jason, thanks for the work on the site and the guidance you have given me as I start pool ownership. Even without the admin badge, your advice will still be highly regarded!
    Pool: 40x15ft "Mt. Lake" shaped plaster IG (30k gallons with Borates)
    SWG: Circupool Si-45
    Pumps: Hayward MaxFlo VS (SP2302VSP) + Booster Pump for Polaris 180
    Filter: Pentair Tagelus TA-60D (Sand)
    Test Kit: TF-100 (with Speed Stir)

19. Back To Top    #19

Good for you. Many hands make light work.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

20. Back To Top    #20

If we had only known in advance we would have sent you a cake or something, I am glad to hear that you are still going to be around Jason, and hopefully you can relax a bit and enjoy life a bit more.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast