Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Cover

Hello, Last year I purchased a 16x32 solar cover for my pool to find out I actually owned a 18x36 pool. So the cover still did a good job at heating up the water, he only issue was that 2-3 times a week i have to pull it back into place as the wind would push it to one end. Does anyone have a solution for the cover moving. Yes I should get one to fit the pool size But i don't see wasting this one.

Garry

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Cover

you could install solar cover quick clips to the edges of the cover then attach rope to the clips. Use something heavy (maybe just some old bleach bottles filled with water) lay them around the perimeter of the pool. Adjust the rope length to suspend the cover over pool and tie off to the bottle handles. Sounds like alot of work tho.
    28k gal/raised spa, IG quartzscape, WhistperFlo 2 speed B2984T,DEV60 filter,Lxi400 NG heater, Polaris 280 cleaner, DIY Chlorine injection, Build completion 7/2013

3. Back To Top    #3

You could put the cover on a reel and the connections on that may hold it relatively in place
    IG Vinyl -30,000 (20x40)
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter/Hayward rebuilt 1 HP Pump
    AutoPilot DIG-220 RC52 SWCG
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Aquabot Bravo

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda14 View Post
    You could put the cover on a reel and the connections on that may hold it relatively in place
    Genius..... my idea proves I like to make things difficult
    28k gal/raised spa, IG quartzscape, WhistperFlo 2 speed B2984T,DEV60 filter,Lxi400 NG heater, Polaris 280 cleaner, DIY Chlorine injection, Build completion 7/2013