For any doubters and people on the fence with TFPC......

May 4, 2015
Avon, IN
I just wanted to try to help some people who may be "on the fence" with listening to this site and using these methods versus the pool store...I know it can be scary and feel like you are making a wrong decision either way you go....

I am a new pool owner due to the purchase of a home last fall. So, this is my first season with the pool. After being "pool-stored" by not one, but TWO pool stores, I finally listened to the advice of my auto pool cover guy and read like crazy on here! I buried myself with the articles and printed them out, made a folder and everything... The pool stores had me spending upwards of $1000 on chemicals and new sand for my filter and new laterals because they were "broken" - and I STILL HAD A CLOUDY POOL! When I started my TFPC method and testing my water myself, it took about 2 days for me to see results with bleach. I'm happy to report that my pool is CRYSTAL CLEAR (after my SLAM) and I feel more in control than ever of my pool! I understand it all so well and feel like I have my own little network of professionals helping me out! And what's even better is that if I DO get into something over my head or need someone to come and do something with my equipment, liner, filter, anything - I have a pool company that supports and uses the methods here so I know I'll be supported and not criticized!

Thank you ALL for all your help and encouragement. And I recommend this way of pool care completely! You won't be sorry!!!!! :cool:

I stumbled on this site while searching for someone to make clear sense of pool stuff. It has been helpful. Maybe I need to make a folder as well. This is my 3rd season with a AG and due to the stress I may have dipped my toes in the water 5 times. Here is to hoping this year is better.??

I'm a bit of a control/organizational freak and the folder idea as well as a notebook to record everything I test and put into the pool has been the key for me! Everyone on here is so helpful and reassuring - I know they are pool owners just like me and probably all started out as "green" as I am, but they feel like my professional mod squad!!! :) The more you read and the more you test, the clearer it all becomes....it's fun to do this and feel so accomplished when people come over and say "wow, the pool looks amazing!" Makes me feel great!

Yep I am a huge fan of the site as well. I didn't read anything before the pool went in and completely followed their recommendations. They led me down the Baqaucil rabbit hole so I know exactly what a $1000 feels like and still a green pool. I did the conversion with the help on here. My pool is crazy clear. I do get freaked out by **** at the bottom - a little OCD. Now it costs me about $45 a month for bleach. That is it. The speed stir rocks by the way.

Nice testimonial. I too am a fairly new pool owner. Last summer was my first season with a pool. I'm very thankful that I found this site prior to even building my pool. I had to SLAM when I opened last year, but I've never had a "green" pool thanks to TFP methods. I can also understand the OCD. I made an Excel file that I print and put on my "pool" clipboard so I can record all my test results every time I test. Now I can even look back and see my chlorine demands, FC, CYA, temperature, etc from last season as a comparison from year to year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm a bit of a control/organizational freak and the folder idea as well as a notebook to record everything I test and put into the pool has been the key for me! Everyone on here is so helpful and reassuring - I know they are pool owners just like me and probably all started out as "green" as I am, but they feel like my professional mod squad!!! :) The more you read and the more you test, the clearer it all becomes....it's fun to do this and feel so accomplished when people come over and say "wow, the pool looks amazing!" Makes me feel great!
Plus, the 1000s you're now saving can buy lots of beer! And you can now afford one of our membership levels!

Congrats on your results, great testimonial.

I just wanted to try to help some people who may be "on the fence" with listening to this site and using these methods versus the pool store...I know it can be scary and feel like you are making a wrong decision either way you go....

I am a new pool owner due to the purchase of a home last fall. So, this is my first season with the pool. After being "pool-stored" by not one, but TWO pool stores, I finally listened to the advice of my auto pool cover guy and read like crazy on here! I buried myself with the articles and printed them out, made a folder and everything... The pool stores had me spending upwards of $1000 on chemicals and new sand for my filter and new laterals because they were "broken" - and I STILL HAD A CLOUDY POOL! When I started my TFPC method and testing my water myself, it took about 2 days for me to see results with bleach. I'm happy to report that my pool is CRYSTAL CLEAR (after my SLAM) and I feel more in control than ever of my pool! I understand it all so well and feel like I have my own little network of professionals helping me out! And what's even better is that if I DO get into something over my head or need someone to come and do something with my equipment, liner, filter, anything - I have a pool company that supports and uses the methods here so I know I'll be supported and not criticized!

Thank you ALL for all your help and encouragement. And I recommend this way of pool care completely! You won't be sorry!!!!! :cool:

That's great your PB supports TFP methods. :)

Many years ago when I mentioned this method to my PB/store (the builder has a retail store as well) because I was having problems (despite following their recommendations), they told me if I wanted to follow a bunch of Internet nuts, damage my liner, and void the warranty, then go ahead.

Thanks goodness I decided to follow the "nuts"! ;)

Hehe....I still have records of all my water tests going back to when the pool was installed in early 2004! :crazy:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.