1st SLAM!

You have to remember the FC is lost to 2 things: 1. the sun and 2. "stuff" in the water
Doing the OCLT eliminates the sun loss, so something is still lurking in your water.

Have you pulled out light fixtures / stairs / etc?

I have been Slamming for over a week and 1/2 and my pool water is crystal clear.My CC is ranging anywhere from .5 to 1.0 , My problem is i can get past the OCLT part. It is down from 10 to about 4-5 again CC .5 to 1.0.
Since i have started slamming i used easily 100+ gallons of 8.25% ( some was 12.5%) bleach some days in the beginning 20+gallons per day. I have been following the process to the "T". I guess my concern is am i missing something? It seems like a lot of bleach especially since it was almost clear when started ( no green just cloudy) and clear for almost a week now.

You are almost there don't quit now. I've only had to SLAM once, now it's simple maintenance. The overnight loss means something is still consuming your chlorine.

Oh can we get pictures......we love pool pics here :)

I don't have any stairs and only one LED fixture at the deep end.(I didn't remove)
I actually think i may have passed OCLT last night but then it rained over 2" overnight so that didn't help for sure.
My reasoning is... Yesterday before work i brought levels upto shock level and i have my stenner pump running to account for normal losses of about 2-4 PPM per day(about one gallon of 8.25%). And yesterday when i got home it was only down 1-2 PPM with .5 CC.
But this am's test was useless with over 2+" rain last night! I hope i am soon there!

Well, check behind the light fixture and keep the faith :D
Never really thought about that...
Ok here come the stupid questions...So it is an color changing led light. How does one go about removing to clean,do i need to drain water?
Also do i need to be concerned with possible algae in the filter? In the past the pool company i paid to close the pool clean the filter at the end of the season.
This is my first season trying to do it all myself.

There is one screw in the bezel, usually top or bottom. Take that out, don't drop it or lose it. Then you can take the light housing out and set it on the bottom of the pool and clean out the niche behind the light. The light will have enough cord to take out of the pool or set on the bottom.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would love to see pics of this.

If you have posted them, sorry....photo bucket gets blocked at work.

Ya know....You've got like $300 in bleach right now. It only cost me like $300 to fill my pool last year....lol

On the bright side though....If you would have used a pool store, you would have had well over $300 and a CYA level of 300000 by now. And probably not as clear a pool.

Depends on what you have growing in there. Some take 20 gallons and 2 days....Some take 80 gallons and 2 weeks. Every pool is different. Hers took 100 gallons and a 2 weeks. Yours will probably take way less just because its smaller.

Whatever the number, stick with it....You'll only have to do it once if you follow the methods here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.