Is my PH to high???

Jul 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I have a swg plaster pool. I'm curious about what is the ideal pool chemistry. My test results are as follows

FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 70
CH 230
CYA 30

I have to add about a gallon of MA every week to keep the PH below 8. I can add the acid and within a day or so it is back up between 7.8 and 8.0. Is that to high?

8 is high. I would continue to add MA to bring it down. Maybe shoot to bring it down to 7.4 then check in a couple days.
Your FC is to low. The minimum target level is 4 for a CYA of 30

- - - Updated - - -

You want to bring up your CYA to around 70 also since you have a SWG and target FC5 instead of 4

If you pool is farily new, or renovated and the plaster is less than about a year old, then you can expect the pH to rise quickly and often. Its a natural part of the plaster curing process. Once the plaster is a bit matured, the pH rise will slow down... depending of course whether you maintain your water parameters.

your Ph is definitely too high. Lower it to 7.6. Lowering it much further in hopes of not having to dose acid as often may very well have the adverse effect and it makes the pH rise back up quicker.

Get your CYA up to 70ish and maintain it there for a SWG pool
FC to 7.5 and dont let it get below 5.

If you bump your TA down a smidge to 60, it may help a bit in buffering the pH.

I would also recommend to raise the CH up to 250.

I have a swg plaster pool. I'm curious about what is the ideal pool chemistry. My test results are as follows

FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 70
CH 230
CYA 30

I have to add about a gallon of MA every week to keep the PH below 8. I can add the acid and within a day or so it is back up between 7.8 and 8.0. Is that to high?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.