Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleveland, Ohio

Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic cleaner

Hi all, I am new to the whole pool ownership thing and now ready to buy a robotic cleaner.
    Pretty sure I have read every review and every forum thread on the subject trying to determine what is best for me.
    I have also spoke to both Auqabot and Dolphin directly as well as a couple of their dealers and Polaris dealers.

In the end I have decided on the Aquabot Rapids 4WD unit. Aquabot recommended the 4WD because I have a fiberglass pool and they said some of the other units may have a hard time.
    The brand new 2015 version 4WD has some upgrades like swivel on the cord and full 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.

They make other versions as well some sold online called a Breeze and some at stores called an MRT2, but they are the same unit pretty much.

Anyhow, long story short I hope this thing works for me. Anyone have some recent feedback on this? most of the things I have read are pretty dated, but even back then not so bad.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic cleaner

Hi Olcrazy!

Welcome to TFP!

Good luck with your new cleaner!

As you may have found, here on TFP there arent many Aquabot reviews, especially on the higher end and newer versions of them. We would love for you to post a review of what its like when you receive it.. and how well it works in your pool!

Most of us do update our reviews over period of time so that others who are looking for a cleaner have some good information to go on.

Take care and I hope you enjoy TFP!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stony Brook, NY

Re: Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic cleaner

I a have the newer unit. Works great! I have a vinyl lined in ground. It climbs the walls, but does not climb my steps, which is not a big deal, for me. Picks up leaves, acorns, anything you throw at it.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.