New Pool Build - Naples, Florida

Pool, house, screen.....it all looks amazing! I love Naples, my wife and I had a sunset beach wedding there around 12 years ago this March...Florida's gulf coast has some of the best beaches you'll find, worldwide. Happy New Year....enjoy your new piece of paradise!

Hhuang2620, :cool:Your pool and home are absolutely beautiful! And it doesn't hurt that you live in my old hood, Naples Fl. Spectacular!!

Thanks! Unfortunately it's a vacation home for now until I find a way to move back to Naples permanently from Hong Kong.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Just how far around the house does that screen go??

What room is the balcony attached to?

Your place looks like a "model" home!

How you will make your self leave?

Kim

Thanks Kim. The deck extends 19ft from the farthest point of the house. The balcony is off a game room upstairs. Yes it is hard to leave the house after only two weeks but I am actually enroute back to HK as I type the message from Chicago airport.

- - - Updated - - -

Pool, house, screen.....it all looks amazing! I love Naples, my wife and I had a sunset beach wedding there around 12 years ago this March...Florida's gulf coast has some of the best beaches you'll find, worldwide. Happy New Year....enjoy your new piece of paradise!

Thanks. I grew up in Naples but been living in HK the last 10 years. Decided to build a house in Naples to put some roots down and hopefully move there in a couple of years permanently. In the meantime I visit Naples about 2 times a year.

- - - Updated - - -

The pool finish is unbelievably beautiful!

Thanks. I definitely like the finish. I am a little worries about the glass beads coming off as I mentioned in previous post that I felt some of the beads coming off during my first swim. PB reassured me that his was normal for loose beads to come off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Although I don't know what your home in HK looks like, I imagine this will be very hard to limit coming to only twice a year. I know I would have a hard time leaving it!

With HK real estate prices, I've been a renter for the last 10 years. It is very difficult to leave Florida and the new pool and house especially since it's about 5x bigger than our tiny apartment in HK but unfortunately the job is in HK.

So I have a question I was hoping some of you experts with experience can help me on. There are two things I am still deciding on.

(1) pool operation controls: Originally I opted for the wall mount control panel inside the house combined with spa side remote. However, when they wanted to drill a hole through the exterior wall of my house into the family room to install the wall control panel, I decided that I didn't want this as the control panel would be on a wall next to my TV which just didn't look right. So I decided to upgrade to the wireless iPhone/tablet control system from pentair. Unfortunately they couldn't set this all up in time while I was in town but they assured me that once it's hooked up they will discuss with me on how to hook it up and connect via my iPhone. For those who have this, can someone provide me a short basic summary of how this works? Especially since I am in HK at the moment.

(2) Seal for travertine deck: not sure if I should seal the deck. I have salt water generator but my PB says it should not be an issue at all for the travertine decking/coping. He said sealing it is purely a personal decision as it will obviously make it even more durable and clean but also will make the decking look wet coloured and possibly more slippery. What are people's thoughts on this?

As far as protecting the deck fron salt, it shouldn't be an issue. Although salt can damage any stone, in Texas, AZ and Nevada with dry climates and softer stone we see significant problems. You have two things in your favor. You have significant rain which helps by washing away and diluting the salt water on the deck, additionally travertine is just a bit harder and less porous than the lime stone and flagstone which is so prevalent in the west.

My pool contractor has my sunshelf at 10", is 16" or 18" too deep for toddlers? Thank you, please pm me if you reply I am not getting emails notification. Can a moderator help me on this I thought I sent all for email notice?

I have 16 inches on my shelf and we like it. Our granddaughter (now 2) has played on it since she was little more than an infant. Her mom had her in a baby float and then she graduated to playing on the shelf. We use a lounger laying on it side to block her access to the main part of the pool. Of course she has one of us right there with her.
we like the 16" depth, it puts the water at the seat level of a standard deck lounger and our sun shelf was sized to fit two deck loungers side by side.

I had a quick question about the grout. Do you remember what color grout they used for your spa glass tiles? Is it white or more closely matched to blue tile color?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I always come back to see this pool and how gorgeous it looks. So many elements are so awesome - plaster, screen, glass tiles, he house itself. Wow. Money well spent I say. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.