Dogs and Pool Filters

meags

May 11, 2015
Evansville
We have two labs that LOVE to swim in our pool. The filter/pump that came with our Intex pool did a despicable job of keeping the water moving last year, and I want to upgrade. I've been looking at the Sand Filter/pump systems, and I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on whether I should try a sand filter? With the copious amounts of dog hair and dander that I have to fish out of the skimmer, and also sometimes have to spray off of the filter, I'm not sure if a sand filter is the right way to go. I just started my research on sand filters, and found this wonderful site so instead of becoming cross-eyed trying to figure it out myself I'm here begging for help! :) Thanks in advance!!

For the dog hair part of the question I would just put a skimmer sock over the skimmer basket and the hair will never make it to the filter. I will let others with more knowledge of the Intex filters jump in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.