Dfw
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi there! Been loosing sleep over what robot would be the best bet. I have read every review online and researched for months and I don't think its getting any easier :(
I was between the Hayward RC9740 and the Dolphin 99996323, which was a pretty even battle then I found the Hayward Tiger shark used and local for a great deal. Anyone out there been using these? I have been leaning on staying with the brand I am familiar with: Hayward. But open to any insight and suggestions. Thank you!

Having just bought my 4th robot last weekend, I am coming to the point of view that repair cost and repair-ability should be higher on the list than exact features a unit has. Also on this list is insane cost on wear items like tracks and brushes, it is never to early to look at such things, afterall who wants to pay 30% of the cost of the robot for rubber tracks and brushes.

I would not by a used robot......just too iffy. Isaac's idea of repairability and costs has a lot of validity. They all break and, if you can fix it yourself, you are way ahead of the game.

Having just bought my 4th robot last weekend, I am coming to the point of view that repair cost and repair-ability should be higher on the list than exact features a unit has. Also on this list is insane cost on wear items like tracks and brushes, it is never to early to look at such things, afterall who wants to pay 30% of the cost of the robot for rubber tracks and brushes.

This is the insight that is hard to come by from reading reviews, most if not at least a few are people that don't know what they are doing. I thank you for letting me know about something I never even took into consideration. I will defiantly check out the prices of some of the wear items.

Pool maintenance is the biggest thing we all have to consider. This also transfers to all of the pool cleaning and maintenance items as well. It is the consumables on any item that you have to consider over the duration of the product. Printers are cheap, but the cartridges can kill you. It's about time a reputable 3rd party comes up w compatible parts for these robots...tstex

It seems the price of parts for Dolphins seems greatly dependent on where you buy them. For instance, some places charge $100 for a set of filters, and they can be easily had for $50 of the exact same set elsewhere. These are OEM filters as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.