I know it's a common topic and I have searched the heck out of existing information, but wanted to see if there was any new advice out there. I have a Dolphin Diagnostic that is turning the cord into a bird's nest after every use. My water is cloudy, as I just opened the pool, so I can't see what it is doing in there. Here is what I know and what I would like to know.
1. I make sure the cord is kink-free before I put it in
2. I alternate the handle position between each use
3. I put only the needed amount of cable into the pool
4. What is the likelihood of a drive bearing being out on one end making the the unit travel only one direction?
5. Is there an after-market swivel that can be installed on the cable?
6. Any other tips or tricks to prevent this tangling?
7. I am a DIY type guy and feel service on these would be pricey. Any experiences with sending in for service, getting problems diagnosed, or ordering your own repair parts?
Thanks for the help.