Pump Questions for 27' Sharkline Venture

Nov 16, 2014
Alabama
Hey All!
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 27' x 54" sharkline venture from PSW. I'm wondering if I should opt for one of their suggested pumps or should I elect to buy a different pump filter? I tried doing a search but the more I read the more I get confused hahaha. I'm looking for something that isn't going to be too much of a hassle but does a good job. My only experience with pumps/filters has been the cartridge pump/filter that came with the intex pool we used to have.

My choices are:

• Sand Filter & Pool Pump Combinations
    Carefree 19in Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with 1HP Single Speed Pump
    Carefree 19 inch Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with 1-1/2HP Single Speed Pump
    Carefree 22 inch Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with 2HP Up-Rated Dual Speed Pump

• Sand Filter & Pool Pump Combinations with Sand
    ClearWater 16in Sand Filter and Pump Above Ground Pool System
    ClearWater 19in Sand Filter Above Ground Pool with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump

Any help would me much appreciated!

Thanks!!

-Colin

I would get the Carefree 22 inch Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with 2HP Up-Rated Dual Speed Pump and run it on low. This will be much more energy efficient than the other options. And bigger filters are always better.

I would get the Carefree 22 inch Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with 2HP Up-Rated Dual Speed Pump and run it on low. This will be much more energy efficient than the other options. And bigger filters are always better.

Agree. The bigger the filter, the better and go with the 2 speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.