Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening

1. Back To Top    #1

So I have the tarp over my pool that has a good bit of water in it. Also lots of leaves and some othe junk in it at this point. Last year I had a friend help me open the pool and he has a big pump to drain the top. This year I would have to rent a pump.
    But, if I fish out all the leaves and ****, could I just pull the tarp off and let all the water that's in the tarp just flow into the pool? I know it's kinda nasty water, but with all the chlorination does it really matter?
    Thanks to whoever responds.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Opening

It is up to you. Seems to me it would be easier in the long run to rent the pump but...................if you have the time and test kit.

Spend the money on the pump or on the chlorine.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Sure you can, but it will mean more work for the Chlorine, and you to clear it. What kind of pool are we talking about?

Please add your pool details to your signature. It helps us answer questions better when we know what your Re working with.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    Savannah GA

You could just siphon it off with a hose.
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Burlington, Ontario

You can buy a small submersible pump for around $100 that would do the job. I'm sure it would be cheaper in the long run than renting.
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6
    Benton, KY

You can get a 1/5-1/4hp utility pump on Amazon for just under $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100XL