Replacement T-15 Cell

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
Need to replace my cell, wanting to know where and what everyone is buying? Name brand or Aftermarket? And I see plenty of "Deals" out there but then reading into the "Deals" only come with 1 year warranties. As opposed to 3 years. What you guys think? Who really has the "Deal"?

I get the proven OEM argument but the T-15 is old technology. I've been lucky and got nearly 10 years out of mine but others only 5-7 years. I have to believe there is newer technology out there. I may have to replace mine and have heard some good things about the Ti3. It's $364, has a 30 day free trial and a full 3 year warranty (not pro-rated) so risk is low. Would like to hear if anyone else has taken the leap.

http://www.titaniumcells.com/

Thanks guys! I have seen the so called Titanium cells, but I believe all cells have some level of titanium in them. I got 10 years out of my cell, so I got my monies worth I guess. It's hard to find a OEM cell with 3 year warranty at a reasonable price? $398 seems to be average, but it is 1 year warranty.

Based on my experience, a T-15 cell gives seven plus years of life in a 20k pool. That equates to less than $57 per year cost for chlorine. I'll bet anyone who uses any other method to chlorinate a pool can't match that cost. But if you want to experiment with another brand or type cell, good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought my last OEM T-15 from Amazon. I don't know if it's normal, but the cell also came with two unions for a new installation. I sealed off one of the unions with parts from Home Depot and made myself a plug for cleaning. Poolsupplyworld has a generic cell (not Compupool) which was mentioned in another thread, but I haven't been able to find any feedback other than the reviews posted at PSW:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Pool...t-Salt-Cell-with-15-Foot-Cable/GN-TCELL15.htm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.