Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement T-15 Cell

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement T-15 Cell

Need to replace my cell, wanting to know where and what everyone is buying? Name brand or Aftermarket? And I see plenty of "Deals" out there but then reading into the "Deals" only come with 1 year warranties. As opposed to 3 years. What you guys think? Who really has the "Deal"?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement T-15 Cell

To be honest, SWG cells are not my forte', so I would defer to others that have recently gotten the "deals". Hopefully a bump to your thread will get you some more answers.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Amazon had the T15 for 398.00 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if the price has gone up since then. No generic brand for me. I'm a firm believer in "You pay for what you get ".
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

Same as Donny. Get OEM stuff. You'll be glad you did. You can sometimes get it very reasonably on Amazon.
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

This is the one I bought. Unfortunately I paid more for it. I don't think you can beat the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-Goldli...&keywords=T-15
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I get the proven OEM argument but the T-15 is old technology. I've been lucky and got nearly 10 years out of mine but others only 5-7 years. I have to believe there is newer technology out there. I may have to replace mine and have heard some good things about the Ti3. It's $364, has a 30 day free trial and a full 3 year warranty (not pro-rated) so risk is low. Would like to hear if anyone else has taken the leap.

http://www.titaniumcells.com/
    IG built in 2005, Vinyl, 18 x 39, 26,000 gallons, SWG Aqua T-Cell 15, timer is on for 12 hours (8 hours of sun day), Hayward Pro-Series sand filter, TF100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks guys! I have seen the so called Titanium cells, but I believe all cells have some level of titanium in them. I got 10 years out of my cell, so I got my monies worth I guess. It's hard to find a OEM cell with 3 year warranty at a reasonable price? $398 seems to be average, but it is 1 year warranty.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

8. Back To Top    #8

Most plates are titanium covered in ruthenium or iridium compounds. There is a new T-Cell-15LL (long life) that might be worthwhile getting.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Based on my experience, a T-15 cell gives seven plus years of life in a 20k pool. That equates to less than $57 per year cost for chlorine. I'll bet anyone who uses any other method to chlorinate a pool can't match that cost. But if you want to experiment with another brand or type cell, good luck and please let us know how it goes.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1 View Post
    Thanks guys! I have seen the so called Titanium cells, but I believe all cells have some level of titanium in them. I got 10 years out of my cell, so I got my monies worth I guess. It's hard to find a OEM cell with 3 year warranty at a reasonable price? $398 seems to be average, but it is 1 year warranty.
    Not too difficult to find.
    http://www.gosale.com/5794016/haywar...rite-t-cell-15
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

11. Back To Top    #11

I bought my last OEM T-15 from Amazon. I don't know if it's normal, but the cell also came with two unions for a new installation. I sealed off one of the unions with parts from Home Depot and made myself a plug for cleaning. Poolsupplyworld has a generic cell (not Compupool) which was mentioned in another thread, but I haven't been able to find any feedback other than the reviews posted at PSW:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/PoolS...GN-TCELL15.htm
    ============================================================ ===========================================
    12,000 gal. IG Colorquartz, 1.65hp Sta-Rite with 2-spd motor, 300sf cartridge, disabled SWG, AquaLogic P4, Polaris 280, gas+solar, 6' sheer descent with dedicated pump