Pump Run Time

Dan P

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Miami, Fl
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have a 13000 gallon pool recently built with a Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG and a Jandy Epump 2HP pump. The pool company set it to have my pump run for 21 hours on low, 1750 and 3 hours on high, 2750. After reading through the forum, I'm thinking its excessive. Thoughts?

I think it is very excessive also, however pools do vary in how much circulation they need, and it is best determined by experimentation, I would start at 8 hours per day on low and none on high unless you have a particular need (pressure side cleaner, etc.) and work down from there. When you start seeing water clarity issues, increase the filtration time some.

Ike
p.s.

I missed the SWG, you might try 12 hours on low to start with, but you will likely have to increase your SWG run percentage go maintain chlorine level

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.