The need for a Intex Sand Filter Backwash hook-up! If you Build it, They will Too!

n9udt

May 10, 2015
Victorville
Ok people. I'm now on a mission! I upgraded my standard 110-120 volt 1,000 gallon per hour flow rate Intex cartridge pool filter to the all mighty (as stated in my signature below) Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 110-120 Volt with GFCI and puts out 2,800 Gallon per hour! Now I know how Tim Taylor from Home Improvement feels.:rockon: So, if you’re like me and have one of these babies, you know that the Backwash or (drain/waste outlet) on the 6-way valve needs a hose and is not provided!:brickwall: Now there are some simple things you can do. 1.) You can shut off the pump and disconect the water outlet hose after closing the plunger valve, and connect it to the drain/waste outlet and backflush away! Then reverse everything you did and start normal filtering again, or, 2.) just let it shoot straight out of the port all over everywhere!:brickwall: What a mess! I looked high & low for a simple fix with no luck. I just want to hook up my 1 ½” X 50’ backwash hose to the drain/waste outlet Via a PVC female elbow and then clamp my hose to a 1 1/2" PVC short pipe and be done.:cheers: Now, keep in mind, there are no inner threads to screw in a male PVC device of your choice. There are however outer threads on the port but I have no idea what size they are. Somewhere around 2 5/16” dia. and thread size, course???:confused: All I know is that the inlet and outlet hose’s will screw on there, and Intex doesn’t say what size fitting it is. In the next weekend coming, I WILL figure this out. Next, I will take over the world…. Mooo ha ha haaaaa!!!! Sorry, feeling my oats. Later!

OK, I went from this :lookhere:2015-05-10 16.18.09.jpg:brickwall:

To this! :lookhere:2015-05-16 14.51.30.jpg:rockon:

Parts List:

(1) 1 1/4" male threded X 12" SCH80 NP = To slip my 1 1/2" backwash hose to and I used a clamp to keep it on.
(1) 1 1/4" female threded X 2" SCH40 SLIP BUSHING = To screw the above pipe into.
(1) 2" slip X 2" slip SCH40 ELBOW = To slip the above bushing into.
(1) 2" slip X 2" threded female adapter = to slip into the above elbow and to then screw onto my backwash or drain/waste outlet.
Bamb! it works like a charm. No fuss and I can remove it any time I like. All total, under $10.00. Mission Complete! Now the world!!!!!!:rambo:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.