Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: motor got wet??

1. Back To Top    #1

motor got wet??

Hello all! I hope you can help me save my pump. Last night I started my pool and realized the hose leading into my motor was not tightened. Stupid me wiggled it before tightening it, I seriously don't know why, and guess what....my motor got wet, then hot, then stopped. If I let it cool off it will start again for several seconds before it gets hot again and shuts off (throws the little switch at the outlet). When I first had my little accident it also smoked and now it doesn't. Is that a sign it is drying out? Have I killed it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: motor got wet??

The magic smoke escaping is usually a sign of a dead motor, I would suggest letting it sit and dry for at least 12 hours and then try again.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I will, it didn't smoke the last time I tried it but still cut off.

4. Back To Top    #4

A day baking in the sunlight may help too if your pad is exposed to direct sun
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~