Something is using up my FC or my salt cell isn't working properly.

May 5, 2012
Oconee, Georgia
FC= 7
CC=0
PH = 7.2
ALK = 70
CH = 270
CYA = 70
Salt level is 3600
Borate level is 50

I have done over night tests and I pass everytime. The problem is I am running my IC40 at 100% for 8hrs a day and it is just maintaining 4. I got it up to 7 by adding bleach today. I do have pecan trees in my yard that are dropping those green tags in my pool Could pollen be eating up my FC? The pool temperature is 83.

If your CC 7 then I think you need to SLAM. Your Ph is perfect for a SLAM. Your CYA is high if you are not on any water restrictions you can do partial drains and refills until your CYA drops to 30/40. At 70 you are going to go through a lot of bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Shock level for CYA of 70 is 28. I also agree pollen and the sun are contributing to FC loss. Don't worry about your SWG right now.

If your CC 7 then I think you need to SLAM. Your Ph is perfect for a SLAM. Your CYA is high if you are not on any water restrictions you can do partial drains and refills until your CYA drops to 30/40. At 70 you are going to go through a lot of bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Shock level for CYA of 70 is 28. I also agree pollen and the sun are contributing to FC loss. Don't worry about your SWG right now.

What I meant was my CC is zero

Ok.when you said they were the same it was not looking good. Well you said your water is clear, no overnight loss and cc is 0 which leads me to believe the issue besides sun and pollen is your SWG.

Have you cleaned the cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am at a loss. Can only run my SWG at 100% and I run it for 5 hours. My FC is high still from coming off my SLAM and I actually stay about the same or within .5 on my evening tests. I am only running it to help with aeration as I added MA to bring my TA down so I can bring the PH back up. The only thing you might try is test FC in the morning turn SWG on about 10 am and let it run u til about 5pm and test FC again. If you only lost or gained 1 pm then it is probably working. If you lose a lot then I would guess your cell may be bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.