Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 - Best way to prevent window spray?

1. Back To Top    #1

The Woodlands, TX

Polaris 280 - Best way to prevent window spray?

I have a Polaris 280 with booster pump and it does a FABULOUS job keeping our small pool clean. Unfortunately it also likes to wash the windows too since our pool is close to our house!

I searched on here and found a few solutions - tail sweep pro gadget, a tail sweep weight and turning down the flow via the screw.

To anyone who has this and has solved the problem, which of these has worked the best? Or anything else? Thanks!
    8,000 gallon in-ground gunnite geometric. Wet Edge Satin Matrix. Triple overflow water feature.
    Hayward - TCell 15 SWG; TriStar VS Main Pump; SwimClear 425 Cartridge Filter; ProLogic 4 Automation, SuperII Water Feature Pump; Polaris 280 w/ Booster
    Link to my Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Northern California

Re: Polaris 280 - Best way to prevent window spray?

I used the weight and turned down the flow and still had a problem. The tail sweep pro solved it.
    ============================================================ ===========================================
    12,000 gal. IG Colorquartz, 1.65hp Sta-Rite with 2-spd motor, 300sf cartridge, SWG, AquaLogic P4, Polaris 280, gas+solar, 6' sheer descent with dedicated pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mandeville, Louisiana

I need to look into this. Mine seems to have the habit of adding a splash of saltwater to my wifes cocktails and my beer.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sydney, Australia

can also try and cut off approx 6" of the tail.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sacramento, CA

This is why the kids named our 280 "Splash" when we moved here last year. Sorry, don't have a solution; our pool is far enough away from the house, and it's off when we're hanging out in/near the pool, but it has gotten me more than once while I was doing work in the area.
    21000gal IG plaster, Sacramento CA area (late 1950s/early 60s)
    Filter: Cartridge, Pentair CCP420 (2014)
    Main pump: Pentair IntelliFlo VS (2015)
    Boost pump: 3/4hp (2011), Polaris 280 cleaner (unknown age)