Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks TFP for BBB!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tarpon Springs, FL

Thanks TFP for BBB!

I just wanted to thank TFP for opening my eyes to the BBB method. This was our third summer with a pool, and last year just about made me decide to take it out and put in a garden. I think I spent more time at the pool store than in the pool. Then I found this site and decided to give it a try. Now, I will say that I had an unfair advantage to start, since we had to replace the liner and hence had nice clean water from the get-go, but I had no idea BBB would be so easy and care-free! I think I spent about $50 at the pool store on stabilizer and Dry Acid, and about $100 at Aldi for bleach and baking soda. That's about $300 less than last year! And I didn't have to dissolve any chemicals in a bucket I never even thought to take a picture of the pristine water, but here's one of the kids enjoying it![attachment=0:211nwgeu]Pool-play.jpg[/attachment:211nwgeu]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Freeform marcite IG, approx 8000 gal, 1 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter, BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks TFP for BBB!

Happy children, beautiful water.... the photo says it all!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would like to add our thanks to TFP, also.
    Our first full winter and summer with the pool on BBB have been flawless.
    Many thanks to you all! jennifer

P.S. Bryan, I forgot to tell you....beautiful kids, water and pic I love looking at pictures.
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

4. Back To Top    #4

Round Rock, TX

Its the smile on their faces that make it all worth it!
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

5. Back To Top    #5
    Bel Air, MD

Yes, TFP has been a saving grace in more ways than one!!! I too want to thank everyone who contributes to this very informative site and for Sean for maintaining it. I have learned so much about pools so now I am no longer intimidated by it. Saving money, understanding pool chemistry, the BBB method, and pool maintenance is a beautiful thing! I recommend this site to other pool owners all of the well as the test kit and the membership!!!! I have never had such an easy summer with my pool.
    Thanks Again,
    Lisa and her smiling 5 kids

My Pool: 24` round AG with surrounding deck, 13,500 gallons
    1 HP Hayward Pump, Sand Filter, BBB user and promoter :)

6. Back To Top    #6

Tucson area, AZ

I found this site after having the pool for less than a month. Except for the desert dust, I have had pristine water all summer and have spent far less in chemicals than my friends and family who have pools, and less time maintaining than most, except for the swg people. I had only one time when algae started a little bit; I do admit to "cheating" a little at that point and dumping in a cup and a half of polyquat 60.
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner