Vermiculite touch ups

Apr 28, 2015
Newburgh IN
I am in the process of replacing my liner and have tons of spots on my floor that need addressed. In the hopper bottom several of the top edges have crumbled up. I was going to skim coat the whole bottom. I have two hopper sides walls done but I may have mixed the vermiculite incorrectly. I mixed it two parts portland cement to one part vermiculite. I got this from one of the other pool forums. Will this hold up? Most of it is just very lightly skim coated but the dents and top edges are thicker.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks Jacdschu

The mix is 8 cubic feed (2 bags) vermiculite to 1 part portland.
Verm usually comes in 4 cubic foot bags, portland 94 lb bags.
- or - you can buy Pool Crete (which is pre mixed), royalswimmingpools.com has both.

Typical mix would be 20 gals water, throw in bag of portland (mix for 75 ses). Then dump in both bags verm, don't overmix you just want it mixed, otherwise verm will start to deteriorate. You really need a paddle/mortar mixer for this, as a normal barrel concrete mixer uses gravity for the material to fall and mix, and the verm is very lite.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.