New pool owner, can you check my setup?

I just bought a house with an AG saltwater pool. I have no experience but attempted to use the equipment the previous owner left to piece things together and see what fit where. Was wondering if I post some pictures if you more experienced owners could check the configuration.

http://s374.photobucket.com/user/sportsaddict0009/library/

Starting in reverse order, the last few show walk around shots of the setup. It looks like a flimsy plastic hose is hose clamped onto the bottom of the skimmer, travels to the pump and is hose clamped there. Enters the pump through the basket and is pumped directly to the filter. Exits the filter in glued PVC and heads through the SWG cell back into the pool.

A few extra questions. I have a picture in there of a 2nd exit from the filter which i'd guess was for backwashing...but he has no equipment that hooks to it.

Another picture is leftover parts i could not find a place for. If anything seems obvious please let me know.

And finally the inside of the filter. I put the cartridge in and some piece on top...then screwed on this little piece with what looks like a tiny filter on it. Then put the whole black cover over it all.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi, welcome to TFP. Congrats on the new house and pool.

I tried to click into your album, but have trouble on my tablet and the pop up ads are beyond annoying. Please copy and paste image code into your thread so that pics show up in the thread.

Water should flow from the skimmer to pump to filter to SWG to pool. Cartridge filters are not backwashed, there should be an inlet, outlet and drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.