Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover for stair jet air intake?

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Cover for stair jet air intake?

I just opened my vinyl in-ground pool myself - I had a service do it last year which was the first opening since I bought the house. The stairs have Hayward stair jets but the company that opened it last year left the air intake in the deck plugged. I'm pretty sure they assembled the jets wrong too. Anyway, I got everything assembled and working, but I didn't find any sort of cover for the air intake in the deck. I believe it is a 1.5" unthreaded tube. It seems odd to leave it open as it could fill with junk. Are there covers for such a thing? Tired googling but couldn't find anything...

rps20150510_084941.jpg
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit
    2008 Gulf Coast 864 LEi hot tub

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Cover for stair jet air intake?

Wanted to bump your post for you. Sorry I don't have an answer
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Self-bump...

Somebody must know.
    16' wide ~20,000gal IG vinyl lazy L shape pool circa 2002, 1hp Hayward Super Pump, Hayward S244T sand filter, Hayward H250ED2 gas heater, Hayward eVac Pro robot, Stenner pump for chlorine, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you make a sink or tub hair strainer fit? It might be time to go browsing the hardware store. Something like this, maybe? http://www.lowes.com/pd_473918-1366-10533_0__
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmmm... Not a bad idea. I'll have to have a look... Thanks