Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you, Ana....

1. Back To Top    #1

Shallotte, NC

Thank you, Ana....

....for overfilling my pool with leaves, sticks, fronds, and water!

So, here's the question: any advice for those in harm's way from hurricanes, tropical storms, and tropical depressions? I know I'm going to be doing some serious leaf raking and skimming. Should I just dash out and throw some bleach in, just-in-case... I'm NOT quicker than lightning, but it is better than holding an aluminum skimmer pole up in the air....

And I'll definitely be pumping some water out.

Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thank you, Ana....

Never a bad idea to UP the FC for an event like that. I would.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Stock up on bleach! You probably won't lose power in a tropical storm, but if anything knocks out power for more than a day and you have storm debris in the pool you may need to slam. Wait until after the storm to add bleach. As long as the pool is overflowing adding bleach is pointless.

My experience with Ike was going from crystal clear to black with in 3 days. We had to evacuate and didn't have power for a week after we came home. I fished branch after branch out of my pool. I also had quite a few torn up roof shingles. Once power was back and I could slam the pool cleared up pretty quick.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Myrtle Beach SC

Living in the Carolinas is a joy
    Harry26...14 x 28 oval inground vinyl liner pool depth 3-5ft....Hayward sand filter...Using Taylor 2005 test kit and FAS-DPD chlorine test