North Texas - Frisco TX. New Build

Mar 31, 2015
Frisco
Here we go on this exciting adventure! We are first time pool owners And we are building our first pool. We know nothing!

Last Saturday 5/2 our pool was dug, rebar on Wed 5/6 and inspection failed The very next morning because it rained overnight and inspector showed at 8am and there was water
In the hole so we were red tagged!

It has rained non stop since then! They've been pumping water, the sides have fallen and now there is a huge gap between rebar and dirt wall!

What should we expect the PB to do with the sides? Is this a problem that needs to be solved prior to gunite?

Also I have a question on the plaster. We had to make the hard decision on cutting costs and going with structure and cutting things we would have to redo later like plaster. The PB says this is not plain plaster that it has 30% Quartz in it. Been trying to research and I can't find anything on it. Any
Info you can share would be appreciated.

I'm including some pics from the build and details. I hope I can add from my phone. Here some data on the pool

109 perimeter
Max Length 32
Max Width 28
Chlorine
Gallons ?
3.5 - 4 - 5.5
Gas heater to heat pool 400 BTU?
Plaster - 30% Quartz
The fancy Led lights that change colors on the wide end and then another light between bubblers on tanning ledge.

Tanning Ledge w/2 bubblers
7 scuppers on wall with Ledger Stone on back of pool.
Coping Leuders Stone
Deck- Sundeck
image.jpg

Our PB is going forward with gunite this week and he said he is just shooting the caves in areas with gunite and is not waiting on the permit because as the dirt falls in it compromises our foundation on the house. He said he'll deal with city later. This makes me nervous. Anybody understNd this process?

To recap
1. Shooting gunite in gaps where dirt fell vs building wall up again. (Rebar is already installed)
2. Not waiting on pass From city

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Side walls cave in from rain often enough during pool builds. Gunite companies put masonite, pegboard or thin plywood behind it when they shoot the gunite. It will be fine.

Doubt if this is the first pool your builder has built in Frisco, he likely will be able to work it out with the city. There was a red tag issue with our pool on plaster that the builder worked out with the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some info on updating your signature here.

What a lovely design! I love the corner treatments. What do you call that? It's something more than scallops. I've seen it before but not on pools. Beautiful! Great design planning on the sun shelf, placement of benches, and the deep end step out!

You can load more pictures by using photo bucket or similar to it - I don't know which ones are good. Or, by supporting TFP for a small amount, you will be given increased space for loading pictures. Thanks for sharing your pool build! TFP is the best, and keep us updated! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.