Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: North Texas - Frisco TX. New Build

1. Back To Top    #1

North Texas - Frisco TX. New Build

Here we go on this exciting adventure! We are first time pool owners And we are building our first pool. We know nothing!

Last Saturday 5/2 our pool was dug, rebar on Wed 5/6 and inspection failed The very next morning because it rained overnight and inspector showed at 8am and there was water
    In the hole so we were red tagged!

It has rained non stop since then! They've been pumping water, the sides have fallen and now there is a huge gap between rebar and dirt wall!

What should we expect the PB to do with the sides? Is this a problem that needs to be solved prior to gunite?

Also I have a question on the plaster. We had to make the hard decision on cutting costs and going with structure and cutting things we would have to redo later like plaster. The PB says this is not plain plaster that it has 30% Quartz in it. Been trying to research and I can't find anything on it. Any
    Info you can share would be appreciated.

I'm including some pics from the build and details. I hope I can add from my phone. Here some data on the pool

109 perimeter
    Max Length 32
    Max Width 28
    Chlorine
    Gallons ?
    3.5 - 4 - 5.5
    Gas heater to heat pool 400 BTU?
    Plaster - 30% Quartz
    The fancy Led lights that change colors on the wide end and then another light between bubblers on tanning ledge.

Tanning Ledge w/2 bubblers
    7 scuppers on wall with Ledger Stone on back of pool.
    Coping Leuders Stone
    Deck- Sundeck
    image.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: North Texas - Frisco TX. New Build

Here some additional
    Info .

3/8 and 1/2 inch rebar used, 8"
    But the bottom of the pool the spacing is more like 4". Looks like 3/8 was used in the bottom and 1/2 on sides.
    No Spa - but keeping Gas Heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.

We all love to watch pool builds. Thanks for sharing. We will help with any questions you have along the way.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Our PB is going forward with gunite this week and he said he is just shooting the caves in areas with gunite and is not waiting on the permit because as the dirt falls in it compromises our foundation on the house. He said he'll deal with city later. This makes me nervous. Anybody understNd this process?

To recap
    1. Shooting gunite in gaps where dirt fell vs building wall up again. (Rebar is already installed)
    2. Not waiting on pass From city

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Side walls cave in from rain often enough during pool builds. Gunite companies put masonite, pegboard or thin plywood behind it when they shoot the gunite. It will be fine.

Doubt if this is the first pool your builder has built in Frisco, he likely will be able to work it out with the city. There was a red tag issue with our pool on plaster that the builder worked out with the city.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some info on updating your signature here.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! Will update signature

7. Back To Top    #7

I'd love to show the pics of the gunite, but it won't let be add more photos. I've only uploaded a total of 3. Hmmm. Any ideas? i ended up deleting some old pics.
    Entire view of pool
    Gunite-Entire Pool View.jpg

Tanning Ledge
    Gunite - Tanning Ledge.JPG

Deep End view
    Gunite - Deep End Pool.JPG
    In Ground Pool, 119' , Plaster, Length 32; Width 28; Gunit Hawyard DE60, 1HP Hayward Tristar Pump, 2HP Challenger Pump Booster (2QTY), Heather-Rheem 400,000 BTU; Hayward Navigator Suction Cleaner, Rainbow320INline, Nature2Express, Single Timer w/ Freeze, Fountain / Bubbler, 7 Scuppers, 820Concrete Deck

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

What a lovely design! I love the corner treatments. What do you call that? It's something more than scallops. I've seen it before but not on pools. Beautiful! Great design planning on the sun shelf, placement of benches, and the deep end step out!

You can load more pictures by using photo bucket or similar to it - I don't know which ones are good. Or, by supporting TFP for a small amount, you will be given increased space for loading pictures. Thanks for sharing your pool build! TFP is the best, and keep us updated! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks good!

Here is a tutorial on pics
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...oto-s-Tutorial
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

How long did the initial permits from the city take to get approved? We have been waiting a month so far from the time our pb actually submitted the permit request. Btw, we live in Frisco Texas also.

11. Back To Top    #11

If the paperwork was in order, should have been a 2 week wait time. Have you checked the permit website for status?