Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brown Stains - Rubbing with Trichlor Puck Did Nothing

1. Back To Top    #1

Brown Stains - Rubbing with Trichlor Puck Did Nothing

I have two brown stains the size of leaves and two smaller brown stains at the deep end of the pool. At the suggestion of the Leslie Pool Store, I rubbed them with a puck, leaving some material on the surface to bleach the stain. After a half hour, the puck material was gone, but not the stains. I rubbed the stains again, and came back an hour later. Still no change.

Is rubbing the puck on the stain effective for organic stains? If not, what should I be doing? If so, then I presume they are metal stains. How do I treat those?

Thanks.

Michael

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brown Stains - Rubbing with Trichlor Puck Did Nothing

To prove they are metal, put an inexpensive vitamin C tablet on one of them.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

If its organic stains, the puck should have lift it, or at least made it a lot lighter.

If its metal stains, Vitamin C should lift it or make it lighter. Put a few vitamin C tables in a nylon stocking and put a decent size rock in there to hold it down. Tie it to a pole and stick it on the stain until the tabs are dissolved.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    If its organic stains, the puck should have lift it, or at least made it a lot lighter.

If its metal stains, Vitamin C should lift it or make it lighter. Put a few vitamin C tables in a nylon stocking and put a decent size rock in there to hold it down. Tie it to a pole and stick it on the stain until the tabs are dissolved.
    Buying nylon stockings should raise a few eyebrows.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll give it a try.

Michael

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Cannot be any worse than me buying 6 containers of Vagasil feminine powder at once when my dogs get sprayed by a skunk...lol they probably thought I had something really bad going on...lol
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Only if you try them on in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael1 View Post
    Buying nylon stockings should raise a few eyebrows.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll give it a try.

Michael
    Steve
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL Funny stuff!

It looks like I will be draining the pool for sky high cyanuric acid (about 350). Is it better to treat this with the pool drained, and, if so, what procedure should I use?

Michael