Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Florida New Build dig 5/6

1. Back To Top    #1

South Florida New Build dig 5/6

New pool build started on 5/6! Hey guys we are excited to get moving on this journey. We are 4 days in and have made it through the dig, steel, and gunite. We signed the contract back in March and originally had a dig date at the end of May but moved up due to a cancellation. I have been lurking on the forum for several months and it's been extremely helpful. Will put a few pics when I figure out how...
    Dig started 5/6/2015!! 17x37 pool. 6x8 Ledgestone spa with 6 jets. Sunshelf w/ 2 illuminated bubblers. Pentair Intelliflo VS pump. Silencer 1hp spa blower. Pentair Ultratemp heat pump. 3 Globrite LED lights in pool, 1 in spa. Travertine marble deck. Easytouch 8 automation. IC-40 SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: South Florida New Build dig 5/6

Congrats on the dig and the start of a great experience. Keep us posted on how it's going!

Here is tutorial for posting pics.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...oto-s-Tutorial
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Congrats! If you don't have recommended test kit you should get one. You will need it.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Can't wait to see pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Day one of the dig and steel

[IMG]Untitled by natvtxn27, on Flickr[/IMG]

Dig started 5/6/2015!! 17x37 pool. 6x8 Ledgestone spa with 6 jets. Sunshelf w/ 2 illuminated bubblers. Pentair Intelliflo VS pump. Silencer 1hp spa blower. Pentair Ultratemp heat pump. 3 Globrite LED lights in pool, 1 in spa. Travertine marble deck. Easytouch 8 automation. IC-40 SWG.

6. Back To Top    #6

Day 2 finished the steel in the morning and passed inspection in the afternoon

- - - Updated - - -

Day 3 Gunite

Shows the 2 benches on either side of the spa

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Great looking pool and they are working quickly! What is the depth of your pool? I noticed you're next to the water (possibly canal). Did the PB have to reinforce or add a retaining wall to any of the pool sides?
    1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX 15'x35' rectangular gunite pool 3.5'-5'-4', WetEdge Prism Matrix "Deep Sea Blue", cement cantilever coping, 560sf concrete deck w/Tweed Gray Sundek, Jandy VS-2hp pump, Jandy 460 cartridge filter, Rainbow Chlorinator, Polaris 9350 robotic cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9

The pool depth is 3' by the sunshelf down to 5' at the deep end. I'm at least 40' from the water so we didn't need to do a retaining wall. There are 8 pools (I think) on our street and no one has had to reinforce because of the canal. It's a fresh water canal so we do have to put up a fence for the gators!!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

That looks great! I like when they bring the big boy toys for excavations.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

Those equipment operators are really amazing! we planned to remove a tree in the side yard but the track hoe operator said he could get by and he squeezed through with literally inches to spare. He turned and went in backwards. Saved our tree!

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Looking great!
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

13. Back To Top    #13

Yesterday PB showed up to remove forms, backfill and compact the soil around the pool. It passed the compaction inspection in the afternoon. Plumbing started today, which seems odd since they trenched up all the dirt that was compacted yesterday. Plumbing inspection is tomorrow. PB has been great, but seems like the city inspections are backwards....I've seen the inspection list and it's definitely in the right order!

14. Back To Top    #14

I haven't posted pics in a month or so, just a quick update of where we are. all plumbing is done, tile work is done and just finished the travertine decking. I had a couple Sylvester Palm trees installed to frame the spa. Electrical will be done this week. Fencing will be put up soon as well. Also need to move the trampoline to a better location on the side of the house.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the design with the in-pool benches on either side of the spa. Great for sitting, but they also look right for standing with arms resting on the spa edge - that's cool! The palms ARE a perfect frame for the spa. Such a lovely area with the canal and all the palms everywhere you look. No doubting this is Florida! Beautiful. Stick around now - keep us posted with updates! Take care. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

16. Back To Top    #16

Is Champion your builder?

17. Back To Top    #17

Love it! It's absolutely beautiful!

New pool build in Manor, Texas. 2015. 509 sq. feet; 31'6" x 19'10". Sunshelf & bubbler and waterfall sheer. Gunite inground pool. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump; Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge; Inline chlorination w/UV Sys;Lighting:Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED 120V;Cleaner: KK Racer w/booster.Bench/ledge;limestone Coping; Verona Tile 562 Decking

18. Back To Top    #18

really nice. i can't wait to see what water color u picked next to that beautiful lake! what a relaxing backyard!
    40' x 12' IG shotcrete (3 1/2' 5, 4'), Hayward variable spd pumpSP3400VSP, Paramount PV3 in-floor, venturi skimmer, 14,400 glns, Hayward Turbo salt cell T Cell-15, UV, Hayward DE filter, model DE4820, 2 Hayward Color Logic 320 LED color lights, Hayward P4 w puck. 2" line to in-floor valve (46'), deck mount canister parascoping fountain, leaf canister, Marbella, pebble. new build 6-24-15

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the design with the in-pool benches on either side of the spa. Great for sitting, but they also look right for standing with arms resting on the spa edge - that's cool! The palms ARE a perfect frame for the spa. Such a lovely area with the canal and all the palms everywhere you look. No doubting this is Florida! Beautiful. Stick around now - keep us posted with updates! Take care. Suz.
    Suz we moved here about 3 years ago from Spring, TX. I grew up in Brenham (sure miss my Blue Bell ice cream!). But we really like Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JupPool View Post
    Is Champion your builder?
    No, we did not use Champion. I have seen a few of their pools in our neighborhood though.

20. Back To Top    #20

Here are a couple shots of the equipment pad. Pentair equipment. I bought a large pool filter, hope to not have to clean it often.

Untitled by natvtxn27, on Flickr

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast